g5200 mower deck

/ g5200 mower deck #1  

medic442

have a g5200 with the 48 inch deck. does anybody know of a good place(cheap) to get a new deck or a good used one? i think my deck has shot craps. the holes in the deck are to large now and the grass packs in so bad its not even funny! i think it also might be some of my overheating problems!!

thanks for all the help

/ g5200 mower deck #3  
I rebuilt my 48" deck when I inherited the mower with my house. Took it all apart-- take pics to remember how to put it back together. Had a piece of 10 ga steel cut to fit top of deck. Welded it in place used existing holes in remainder to drill or cut out for spindles and idler. Had to fabricate a new spring holder. Rebuilt all spindles and gear box. New anti scalp roller and bracket. Added 1/2" bar to groove all around front of deck where it was getting thin. New coat of paint and a new belt. Had to seal some gaps and crevices with Labmetal filler. Deck still cuts like a new one. You might want to try taking it to a local welding shop to see what it would cost to rebuild top and repair what could be. A couple hundred here might save you several later.

/ g5200 mower deck #4  
I think my G4200 and G5200 tractors are a bit undersized, at least for mowing tall grass.

You didn't mention where you are located. One occasionally sees mower decks on Craigslist too.

I had intended to try to adapt an older Bolens mower deck to my Kubota, until I found a second tractor that I took the deck off of. You have all the mounts, so it should be easy enough to figure out how to move your mounts to the Bolens deck, or fabricate new ones.