Price Check Kubota 7510 or 7610 HST pricing, ETC ?

/ Kubota 7510 or 7610 HST pricing, ETC ? #1  

Cedar

I have just started looking at my options and am trying to decide on which one I would like to add the front loader, 60"mid mower deck, the post hole digger and the snowblower and should I go with the B7610HST or the B7510BST

Is there an option I need to have also from all of your experience ?

any comments on any of these items or what I can expect to pay for all this?
we have 8+ acres to cut, most flat but some hilly spots as well. Need something that will do it all.

I only want to buy once and I want to make sure I make the right choice

plan to visit the dealer on the weekend.
Thanks
Tom:

/ Kubota 7510 or 7610 HST pricing, ETC ? #2  
I recently bought a 7510 w/FEL, so I may be partial...But basically they are identical, with the 7610 having a few more ponies and the option for a larger FEL. You will also pay a few more $$$'s for the added power. I liken the two as buying a fullsize pickup and deciding between the smaller v8 or the bigger v8 (i.e. 302 vs. 350). Both are capable, one just may get it done faster. So far I like the 7510 and have not missed the power of my old tractor (29 hp) yet.

/ Kubota 7510 or 7610 HST pricing, ETC ? #3  
caddelma said:
I recently bought a 7510 w/FEL, so I may be partial...But basically they are identical, with the 7610 having a few more ponies and the option for a larger FEL. You will also pay a few more $$$'s for the added power. I liken the two as buying a fullsize pickup and deciding between the smaller v8 or the bigger v8 (i.e. 302 vs. 350). Both are capable, one just may get it done faster. So far I like the 7510 and have not missed the power of my old tractor (29 hp) yet.
Yep... that's it.

/ Kubota 7510 or 7610 HST pricing, ETC ? #4  
i recently sold my b7510. it was a great tractor and i never missed the 3 extra hp the 7610 has. they are the same tractor. all things considered i would buy the B7610 with LA352 loader as long as the price was fair. if you get the B7510 make sure to get the LA302 loader. both machines accept 2 different loaders. you want the one with the higher #.

i would buy either and suspect either would suit your needs.
often it comes down to what they have in stock and how they are priced. i have seen spreads of over $1000 between the two- one post had quotes within $400.

/ Kubota 7510 or 7610 HST pricing, ETC ? #5  
btw- i know nothing about snowblowers.
check the mfg specs for minimum pto hp to be sure both machines have enough.

/ Kubota 7510 or 7610 HST pricing, ETC ? #6  
I had originally been looking at the BX24 before going up to the B series. Looked at the 7510 and then decided on the 7610 simply because of the small difference in price. The jump to the 7800 was a lot more than the $1000 I would have saved by going with the 7510.

The larger bucket is nice. I also have the BX2750C snowblower with electric chute rotator and deflector (made myself). The power of that thing is incredible.

As people always say on here, go with what you can afford. I think the fact that Kubota now offers 0% of the B series I'd go with the 7610. That alone saves you the $1000 in interest... and the difference between the two tractors.

I know this, you can't go wrong with either of them! They both beat using a shovel.
Keith

/ Kubota 7510 or 7610 HST pricing, ETC ? #7  
If you'll be running any pto implements - finish mower, bush hog, tiller, etc - I recommend the extra hp of the 7610.

/ Kubota 7510 or 7610 HST pricing, ETC ? #8  
Word, you can never have too much tractor. I have the 7610 the price spread was around $500 and the dealer had (and has) more 7610's in stock which meand parts availabilty. Eather one will suit you just fine i'm sure.

/ Kubota 7510 or 7610 HST pricing, ETC ? #9  
It depends on your use. How thick is your grass? How steep are the hills? How many trees. Will you ever require a deck mounted leaf collector? What size snow blower? How much snow do you get?

/ Kubota 7510 or 7610 HST pricing, ETC ? #10  
Cedar said:
we have 8+ acres to cut, most flat but some hilly spots as well. Need something that will do it all.
Welcome to TBN, Cedar!

I read this post - and thought about it while I browsed some others - then it became clear to me what to ask yourself:

Are you planning on "mowing" (ie finished lawn) this on a weekly basis? If so then you may even want to start thinking *bigger*...

I have the B7610 w 54" MMM (need to fit through a 5' gate - else would've the 60") - and it takes me 1 hour + a few minutes to mow @ 2-2.5 acres. Extrapolating this to " 8+ acres " - even with a 60" MMM - and I think you'll be close to 4 hours mow time. (gotta go slower on hilly areas etc.)

Do you have many trees / rocks to mow around? If not - then a rear finish mower (RFM) will likely be cheaper - but more importantly - you can possibly get a 72" RFM for the B7610 (extra hp a must) - which may then makes the mowing time more reasonable.

If only a smaller portion is "lawn" - and the rest is "field" - then a rotary cutter or bush hog etc may be a better option....and again I think "bigger is better" if this is going to be a regular chore.

(There was another recent thread here that mentioned the possibility of B7610 w/ 72" RFM: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-buying-pricing/97548-another-tractor-thread.html
--> 72" RFM discussed on Pg. 3)

In terms of getting a CUT that "will do it all" - then the extra hp / bigger LA352 FEL capacity of the B7610 is a bit of insurance if just choosing between the two (of course I'm biased! ;) ) Kubotas. I think it would help us all better understand your needs if you could give us a little idea of what else you had in mind (or fill out your user profile) - in terms of:

- approx. driveway length for snowblowing / amount of snow / year
- how many post holes do you have to set? (you may be able to rent one as needed instead - and use the extra $$ for .....)

Perhaps helpful - I posted a bunch of pics of my B7610 doing various jobs on my website (link in signature) - pics from other TBNers of their CUTs at work were crucial in helping me decide which features / capabilities I needed when I was purchasing a few years ago.

Hope that helps!

Dan

PS Ooops! I just saw that Raddad asked much the same (in far fewer words! :D )