Marketplace Rules, FAQ, Safe Selling Guidelines

/ Marketplace Rules, FAQ, Safe Selling Guidelines #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
All items must have a photo! No photo = ad will be deleted and you will need to repost it.

DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION IN YOUR ADS.

Buy & Sell at your own risk! See safe selling guidelines are provided below as a starting point for protecting yourself. TBN has no involvement in transactions, escrow, inspection of equipment, representations, etc. You should conduct your own due diligence on every purchase or sale and take every precaution to make the right purchase and protect yourself. If a deal seems "too good to be true" it usually is.

We do not review ads. If you see something that looks suspicious, please use the "report" link to report it.

---------FAQ---------

How much do ads cost?
All members can post one ad every 30 days. Dealers can pay to post multiple ads.

How do I post an ad?
1. Log in to TBN. If you do not have an account you need to register.

2. Visit the Marketplace.

3. Click the post ad button.

4. Fill out a title, information, attach photos, etc.

5. Click the submit button.

How do I attach photos?
Click on the "attach files" button when posting a thread. This will prompt you for files to attach.

The first photo you attach will be the cover photo for the ad.

---------SAFE SELLING GUIDELINES---------

As you start to get contacted by potential buyers, please be careful of online scam attempts. For many years, online classified websites have been the target of scammers who attempt to defraud sellers of high-ticket items, including tractors, with various illegal tactics.

Here are some general guidelines but by no means is this a complete list of every precaution you should take:

TractorByNet.com is not involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification."

* If something "just doesn't seem right" it probably isn't. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

* Deal locally with folks you can meet in person.

* Never accept or wire funds via western union, moneygram or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.

* Fake cashier checks & money orders are EXTREMELY common for high ticket items, and banks will cash them and then hold you responsible when the fake is discovered weeks later.

* Never give out financial information (bank account number, social security number, ebay/paypal info, etc.)

* Avoid deals involving shipping or escrow services and know that only a scammer will "guarantee" your transaction.

* Do not ship or transfer items to a buyer until you are 100% positive that the funds for the transaction have been secured through a trusted method and your bank has verified that the funds are irreversibly in your account

This is by no means a complete list and scammers are always coming up with new tactics to try.

Thank you!!!

---------TIPS FOR BUYERS---------

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Items priced way below market value are scams or there's something seriously wrong with the item.

High ticket items should be purchased in person with a written contract and bill of sale between the parties.

Buyers are responsible for paying sales or use tax on items that they buy from private parties.

Always have a mechaic perform a mechanical inspection of equipment.

Last edited:
   / Marketplace Rules, FAQ, Safe Selling Guidelines #2  
I posted a for sale item but it did not show up on the forums?
Did I may be do some thing wrong?

/ Marketplace Rules, FAQ, Safe Selling Guidelines #3  
Mark, your ad is there, but it won't show up where it can be seen until one of the administrators checks it. That's to prevent scammers such as eBay and craigslist have. I'll bet it won't be long until you see your ad.

/ Marketplace Rules, FAQ, Safe Selling Guidelines #4  
Ok, great :cool:

/ Marketplace Rules, FAQ, Safe Selling Guidelines #5  
I placed an add yesterday about 7:00 pm eastern time....yet to show up. I'm hoping it just hasen't been reviewed yet. Regardless, I neglected to put in where I am located. Is there a way to edit the ad at this time or is it not necessary as it seems on the left upper side you show who its from and their location. First post, so sorry for the questions. BTW the ad is for a Kubota L-35. Thanks

/ Marketplace Rules, FAQ, Safe Selling Guidelines #6  
Here is what I did.
My first ad I posted did not show up, so I posted another on a day or 2 later thinking that it would show up.
It did not, so that is why I asked if I might have did some thing wrong in posting it.
But if the ad is not showing up, I doubt you can edit it yet.
Go into your profile and put in the town you are at, like mine.

/ Marketplace Rules, FAQ, Safe Selling Guidelines #7  
Can someone tell me how I can EDIT my old post? I did it soon after it was posted....but now don't see a link anywhere that says edit

/ Marketplace Rules, FAQ, Safe Selling Guidelines #8  
If you don't see the word edit on your post, then the time ran out.
Just post a new post.

/ Marketplace Rules, FAQ, Safe Selling Guidelines #9  
Can someone tell me how I can EDIT my old post? I did it soon after it was posted....but now don't see a link anywhere that says edit

Yes, there's a time limit on editing your posts, and after that time expires, you can no longer edit it. You can ask that a moderator edit it, or you can ask that they delete it and you re-post what you wanted posted.

/ Marketplace Rules, FAQ, Safe Selling Guidelines
I would recommend just replying to the thread with the update (i.e. updated price or status).