Tractor
    troybily horse

Default Very old troybilt horse

I have a Troybilt Horse that looks very old, has electric start, has "65" stamped on the top of the dipstick near the handle. From the looks of it I would think 1965 would be the earliest it could be, but I could be wrong. What's special about this one is that it's in incredible condition, other than some aging and weathering. No dents or dings or damaged missing parts, the tires still have the knubs on them. It has the Tecumesh engine, the tank was dry so I gave it one squirt of starting fluid and one pull on the cord and it started in gear and took off on me for a couple seconds, motor sounded great. The tines still have a square edge on them. Just has faded paint, needs battery, etc.. I'm in Lakeside (east San Diego) Cali. Don't know ow to put a pick on hear. From what a friend says this thing is worth $2K-$3K to the right person, I'm looking for a quick $1000. Call Bruce 619-761-0170.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Very old troybilt horse-p1090190.jpg   Very old troybilt horse-p1090191.jpg   Very old troybilt horse-p1090200.jpg   Very old troybilt horse-p1090201.jpg  

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L275DT; Ford 8N

Default Re: Very old troybilt horse

Quote Originally Posted by scsbld View Post
    I have a Troybilt Horse that looks very old, has electric start, has "65" stamped on the top of the dipstick near the handle. From the looks of it I would think 1965 would be the earliest it could be, but I could be wrong. What's special about this one is that it's in incredible condition, other than some aging and weathering. No dents or dings or damaged missing parts, the tires still have the knubs on them. It has the Tecumesh engine, the tank was dry so I gave it one squirt of starting fluid and one pull on the cord and it started in gear and took off on me for a couple seconds, motor sounded great. The tines still have a square edge on them. Just has faded paint, needs battery, etc.. I'm in Lakeside (east San Diego) Cali. Don't know ow to put a pick on hear. From what a friend says this thing is worth $2K-$3K to the right person, I'm looking for a quick $1000. Call Bruce 619-761-0170.
    I think your friend is rather optimistic. A new one goes for $1995.00.
    Also, that is a lot newer than you think. Probably around mid-80's. you can learn more from their website, http://troybilt.custhelp.com/ .

just saying.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

not only that but the tires are on wrong.
    Murph ------------

Gold Member
    Tractor
    jd 2520

I need a friend like that...only problem is them dang buyers probably wont listen to him

also..I feel for the guy that buys it and puts a dent in it . If he tries to resell it with its age,rust,....and now a dent ,he's going to take a **** of a loss

Tractor
    Kubota M9000 Hyd shuttle/Massey 1085

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    not only that but the tires are on wrong.
    A polish gardener owned it and tilled only in reverse...........

They quit making that engine because it sucked as much oil as gas.....

It's an early 80's that sat outside in the California sun and faded like all TB's do if left outside.

I'll give you 500 pay-pal for it and you pay the shipping to Michigan.......
    Kubota M9000HDCC3
    Kubota 105S
    "If haying was easy, everyone would do it. It isn't."

Tractor
    troybily horse

Quote Originally Posted by 5030 View Post
    A polish gardener owned it and tilled only in reverse...........

They quit making that engine because it sucked as much oil as gas.....

It's an early 80's that sat outside in the California sun and faded like all TB's do if left outside.

I'll give you 500 pay-pal for it and you pay the shipping to Michigan.......
    I'll take $600 and you pay shipping. The serial number is 3 hundred thousand something, can't remember at the moment, but according to a dealer it should be early to mid 70's. Also, upon closer inspection, there are some small dings in the shroud.