Tractor
    Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D, MULE Fxt Pro, Honda Pioneer 500

Default 64" VERY heavy Duty commercial grade Cat 1 and/or Cat. 2 3pt hitch Flail Mower

VERY heavy Duty commercial grade Cat 1 and/or Cat. 2 3pt hitch Flail Mower. This is a Turner Bomford flail mower that is in good shape and ready to run. This is not the $2000 or $3000 home use flail mowers you see on the web, they look like toys compared to this one. This is the type that State road crews use to cut the sides of the roads. This model weights a bit over 1200lbs (yes 1275 lbs is what I think the book says) and has good knives/hammers. The rear roller is in good shape and the over all cond. is pretty darn good. The only problem I know of right now is the output shaft is leaking a bit at the seal (not real bad but I think it is worth the hr or so to replace it). I just bought the new seal but have not installed it (it will be included with the sale) It was recently cleaned up, repainted, 2 new bearing installed, and some new knives/hammers, all new bolts for the knives, and belts adjusted. I also have a few extra hammers/knives as well as shackles in case one some how ever breaks. The mower runs well and seems to need at least a 30+hp tractor to run it. It is a bit dirtier right at the moment because I been using it to mow my field (this is when I found it has a little leak at that seal I mentioned above). These flail mowers give a decent finished mowing look and will handle light brush. It can also be off set to the side to cut closer to a fence if you prefer.
    I am told this mower sold for over $9000 new (Seems like a lot but that is what a dealer told me), I am selling it for $1000.00. The only thing I would consider as a trade towards the mower is a nice 3pt Med or HD 6' brush hog (would really like an off set style)
    Thank you for looking and please feel free to email any questions.
    Located in Hurricane WV
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 64" VERY heavy Duty commercial grade Cat 1 and/or Cat. 2 3pt hitch Flail Mower-flail-jpg   64" VERY heavy Duty commercial grade Cat 1 and/or Cat. 2 3pt hitch Flail Mower-flail-2-jpg   64" VERY heavy Duty commercial grade Cat 1 and/or Cat. 2 3pt hitch Flail Mower-flail-3-jpg  
    Kubota MX5100
    Kubota BX25D
    Mule FXT Pro
    Honda Pioneer 500

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Here

Default Re: 64" VERY heavy Duty commercial grade Cat 1 and/or Cat. 2 3pt hitch Flail Mower

You should show a pic of the blades.

Seems odd to have that much weight for only a 64" wide cut. I guess it really is "built like a tank"!