Veteran Member
    Advertiser

Tractor
    Kubota B2710

Default For Sale UNIMOG U1000, 24 Speed trans. PTO's, 3pt. hitch, 3 way dump bed and more!

1986 U1000 Unimog
    Here is what I know on this U1000. It was first purchased by the U.S. government and used on the Bradley Air National Guard Base. It then went to the Somers Conn. Fire dept. and was used to fight brush and forest fires. At some time in its life the motor was swapped out with the correct motor that came with it originally (130HP). The truck shows 43,851km and the motor shows 3,713 hours. Runs and drives great! Has a 24 speed transmission, a three-way dump box, two speed PTO's and 3 pt. hitch, front mounting plate, three hydraulic circuits, air trailer brakes, heavy-duty three piece rims and tires that are good with about 85-90% tread on them.
    Here is what I know that is wrong with it. It has only one small rust spot on the cab (see photos), a minor hydraulic leak in the control valve (needs a new O-ring), and it is missing the rear tailgate and bottom 3 pt. arms, which can be had off of any tractor with a class two hitch. I just had surgery and cannot work on it for a month or so. I have it priced "as is". If it does not sell and I fix the few minor problems, the price will be over $30k! There has never been a title issued for this truck, but it comes with all the documentation from the Fire Dept. to regester it if needed.
    $28,000.00 For more photos and info go to VonsMog | Unimog Parts, Service, Sales and Restoration All contact info can be found there. Thanks, Von
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -redsbu6-jpg   -redsbu5-jpg  

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

Default Re: For Sale UNIMOG U1000, 24 Speed trans. PTO's, 3pt. hitch, 3 way dump bed and more

Good luck on your sale. If I had a spare $28k Id be all over it! Id love a mog someday

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, AC B, '39 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400

Default Re: For Sale UNIMOG U1000, 24 Speed trans. PTO's, 3pt. hitch, 3 way dump bed and more

Neat machine! That dump cylinder is cool... lots of stages!

Tractor
    2008 Kubota L3400

I told my wife that I "need" that, and she said fine, if I got rid of at least 5 other toys.
    No way. Sorry.
    I really do "need" it though.

Bo Fuller

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for enough good men to do nothing"

Veteran Member
    Advertiser

Tractor
    Kubota B2710

Quote Originally Posted by BoFuller View Post
    I told my wife that I "need" that, and she said fine, if I got rid of at least 5 other toys.
    No way. Sorry.
    I really do "need" it though.
    I find it is easier to get forgiven than get permission! just buy it and once she sees it, she will be in love with it!

Tractor
    John Deere 400

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    I find it is easier to get forgiven than get permission! just buy it and once she sees it, she will be in love with it!
    That's what I said when I bought the 400 amp Miller portable welder for our anniversary

Tractor
    Kioti DK45se HST - Rhino 660 4X4 - Snapper Pro ZTR - Craftsmen Chipper/Vac

Quote Originally Posted by jrsavoie View Post
    That's what I said when I bought the 400 amp Miller portable welder for our anniversary
    Wow, you are quite the romantic!!!
    Doug P