Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    T233

Default Re: JOHN DEERE AR15 RIFLE FOR SALE. 223 CAL. VERY NICE

Quote Originally Posted by jdar15man View Post
    will i would like to get 1500.00 for it. i have 500.00 in the paint job alone. marty dobson 701-412-1395
    That's the risk you run when doing up something they way YOU want it. Many times by doing so, you severely limit your potential buyers. It's like adding a ton of chrome or custom things to a motorcycle. Very rarely will it do anything for the actual value of the machine.

As a potential buyer... IMHO the weapon needs to be stripped down and refitted as a weapon and not a cute novelty piece. Nobody I know who is serious about their hunting is using the AR platform for hunting. I am not saying nobody uses it for hunting as I am sure somebody does, but it's by no means the best weapon for the job, especially one that is painted to scream out loud HERE I AM.

Anybody who is buying the weapon for anything other than a display is going to want to strip it down and get it back on track IMHO. YOU wanted the JD theme but most people will not. Not saying what you did was wrong or right but it does limit your target demographic.

Again, I am NOT telling you what to do with your machine but hopefully giving you another perspective to consider.

That being said, a solid new AR-15 usually runs $659 and up. How you make your machine's perceived value (value other people think it has) go higher is not a straight forward answer. Your weapon needs to be competitive with those that are not needing to be refinished and in the price range you are after.

again.. I want to be really clear... I am not putting you or your weapon down. Just giving you a few things to consider.

Find just the right JD and AR-15 guy/gal and your price is low. (Go figure!) Problem is you may take a very long time to find just the right buyer.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4600HST w/loader

Man oh man, if it only were kubota Orange.....Uhhh, MAYBE NOT!
    2012 Kubota L4600HST w/loader
    "orange chews up the green"

Tractor
    JDGUN

i am just trying to sale a gun that i dont use anymore without out a some one sticking there nose into it that has no interest in buying it. The gun is what it is and price is what it is. gun was not painted to be a investment or a collector gun. i have some John deere tractors and thought a JD painted gun would be different and fun too shoot. I have shot the gun for 5 years ( about 600 rounds total ) and looking to sale it for a fair price and by some old tractor parts. Maybe some one can enjoy it like i have the last 5 years. Folks please dont be put off by JDFIREUSA comments about the gun or the value of the gun, he is clueless on this model and brand of gun. If some one would like to pay someone to take a ar15 gun apart, de grease every part, then paint every part and re-assemble gun go ahead. i paid 1040.00 for the gun, 246.00 for the scope, 60.00 for the 4 magazines, 50.00 for the case, 100.00 for harris bipod, 518.00 for the durcoat paint job and JD decals. 60.00 total Shipping gun both ways to duracoat dealer. total i have in gun is $ 2074.00. i am asking 1500.00 which is 73% of what i paid for the gun. I think it is a very nice gun at a very fair price. Marty kewaunee WI 701-412-1395

Tractor
    Kubota B7800, B26 TLB

Maybe you would have better luck on a John deere specific Tractor forum.
    Working to increase the scope of the small tractor experience, one quick attach at a time.

Tractor
    JDGUN

Magicheater.. thanks for the input. what forum would you suggest ? i think i might be more will recived, after all the previous emails from DJFIREUSA. WOW. ha ha. marty

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 (50 Hp, 42.5 pto) Kubota BX25D Gravely 2 wheel tractor

I LOVE to hunt with an AR - Rock River Bull Barrel - Awesome for coyotes, so I personally think they can be a GREAT firearm for hunting. Now would I hunt with your JD one, most likely not - a bit bright for predators and because it is TOO nice of a paint job. My luck I would drop on a rock or something and scratch it up! Good luck with your sale and any of the JD forums may generate some extra interest.
    Kubota MX5100
    Kubota BX25D
    Gravely 2 wheel tractor
    Camo RZR4 800LE

Tractor
    JDGUN

which JF forums would u suggest ? i understand. i am lucky enough to have 6 AR15 GUNS. I only used this JD gun at the range and too shoot praire dogs off a shooting bench when i lived in ND. I would never carry it for coyote hunting or really any other hunting like that. i shoot a ar10 R-25 IN 308 for deer and my other bushmasters 223 in 16, and 24 inch barrels for coyote hunting. just have too many guns , can only shoot one at time. thought some one would like a nice target gun. marty

Tractor
    Kubota B7800, B26 TLB

Quote Originally Posted by jdar15man View Post
    which JF forums would u suggest ? i understand. i am lucky enough to have 6 AR15 GUNS. I only used this JD gun at the range and too shoot praire dogs off a shooting bench when i lived in ND. I would never carry it for coyote hunting or really any other hunting like that. i shoot a ar10 R-25 IN 308 for deer and my other bushmasters 223 in 16, and 24 inch barrels for coyote hunting. just have too many guns , can only shoot one at time. thought some one would like a nice target gun. marty
    Understood but I would not broadcast how many guns you have. Try this for another venue for advertising. Use Google to find more. You have a VERY buyer specific piece regardless of what you have invested or the actual specs on the rifle. Just be thankful we can still own them!
    Working to increase the scope of the small tractor experience, one quick attach at a time.

Tractor
    Kubota B7800, B26 TLB

Just be happy it is not this color.

Tractor
    Kubota GST Grand L3130 w/ 723 loader, Ags

I think it's cute. Not saying which one though..
    Kubota grand L 3130; 723 loader; Hinged back Box Scraper; 7' HD Back Blade; Tooth Bar; PHD w/ 9 & 12 Inch Auger; PEC; Carryall

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast