Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Satoh 650G

Default Satoh 650G For Sale. Offers being accepted

For Sale:
    Satoh 650G. Needs a head gasket. It just broke down on 4/6/2013. Tractor could be repaired, or restored (as you can see, it's a nice little tractor), but quite frankly, I don't have the time or desire.
    It could be parted out (I'd hate to see that happen). Other than the head gasket, the tractors worked very good.
    New rear tires, new radiator, new water pump, and new fluids throughout.
    Tractor is located near Carlilse, Pa. Please contact me with offers. Any reasonable amount will be accepted.

Satoh 650G For Sale.  Offers being accepted-img-20110706-00053.jpgSatoh 650G For Sale.  Offers being accepted-img-20110706-00054.jpgSatoh 650G For Sale.  Offers being accepted-img-20110706-00055.jpg

Tractor
    Satoh S-650 (T.S.No 305206)

Default Re: Satoh 650G For Sale. Offers being accepted

Hello, I have a S650g....1972-73... I repaired the head gasket two years ago--ended up turning into a top end rebuild... head gasket came from Japan at a cost of $350! Expensive, but i figured it was one monthly payment on a new tractor. Total rebuild/venture cost: $1600, job ended up turning into fixing a warped head job, top end rebuild and full electrical re-wire (was tired of the electric gremlins). Parts ran about $800 total/Labor $800...felt the job was too big for me so I outsourced the job, but after the fact as I visited the mechanic daily-I learned that these machines are as basic as it can get. She ran fine for about two months then hydro-pump/engine coupler failed...shredded the shaft on the hydro pump, new pump $500...sat for a year as I didn't have time for it. I got it all running again last Oct, this time I did all the work...then wouldn't run correctly. Couldn't figure it out... then after trouble shooting two months ago (with same mechanic from before)...turns out it was bad gas from it sitting for over a year. I rebuilt/cleaned carb, flushed entire fuel system (tank, lines, filter, etc)..still not running right, now, I think it's the fuel pump (checking pressures/suction this weekend)! hahahahaaha...these little tractors are good, but they can nickel and dime one to frustration! I was ready to run my ol' girl into the potomac river last week...lol...but I start shopping for a "new" tractor and the $$$$$$ makes me rethink... "I CAN FIX HER... (fill in the blank) isn't that bad...how hard can it be, right?" hahahahaha...

So my Ol girl might need a boyfriend...what are you really looking to get out of it? I figure, I'm a 4-yr self-proclaimed Satoh expert (thanks to Bill at Valley power and Len at Schaffer) why not get another! ? !

I live in Southern Maryland
    Thanks,
    Raf

I had trouble getting a head gasket for a treasonable price. It p'd me off so I got ahold of a manufacturer and got a bunch. I'm going to keep them regularly on ebay for $35 free shipping to lower 48. The head gasket will fit the Satoh 650G probably the Satoh 550G , and the international 284 gas.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Satoh Beaver

Is it gas or diesel? also is it already pulled down or are not?
    S-370 Beaver named by my wife: "the shetland pony"
    MF 35, MF 165 FEL, Kubota L3400 FEL

gone but not forgotten: MF 65 High crop, MF135, Super A, IH 140, IH 364, IH 504, '48 Allis Chalmers G, 2N, 9N, Case 580CK backhoe.

Tractor
    Ford 850

I dont know What to offer, or whats its worth. I dont want to get burned, I do tinker with small engines and own 5 acres where it could be handy what will u take for it bottom line. I dont like to dicker and will pick up for a fair price.