Tractor
    Kubota M8540, 3940 Grand

Default For sale: New seat and suspension out of L3940 Grand

I did the Wildfire air ride seat conversion to my L3940 and have the original seat and suspension for sale. PM me for pics, but like I said, it's new. 500$. Retails for 1047$.
    Thanks for looking, Ed 573-820-0128

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Default Re: For sale: New seat and suspension out of L3940 Grand

Welcome from Ohio
    Murph

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Good luck that is a very good price, I am looking at putting an L60 air ride seat in my L5740 HSTC if it will fit.

Tractor
    kubota 5740 hstc-3

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Good luck that is a very good price, I am looking at putting an L60 air ride seat in my L5740 HSTC if it will fit.
    Don't think it will fit, new cabs are wider on L60's. It takes a little work, but you can put a grammer air ride seat in it. Mr. 4 shorts put one in his and a
    guy by the name of DDT put one in his. Two different seat models though. I also put one in mine, just like mr. 4shorts. I believe it is a model 93. You could probably
    look up mr. 4shorts articles and see how he did the install. It's like the difference between day and night riding on the air ride and on the original. I also have the
    original seat for sale and will also take $500.00 for mine and the price of one like mine new is over $1500.00. Can't imagine why though, the new air ride seat
    did not cost that much !!

Tractor
    Kubota M8540, 3940 Grand

((I also have the
    original seat for sale and will also take $500.00 for mine and the price of one like mine new is over $1500.00.))

Hmmm. If yours came out of a 5740 it should be the exact same seat, except mines out of a 2012 and only had 2 hours on it when I put the air ride seat in.

Tractor
    Kubota 5740,BX25D

Quote Originally Posted by mrmetalweld57 View Post
    I did the Wildfire air ride seat conversion to my L3940 and have the original seat and suspension for sale. PM me for pics, but like I said, it's new. 500$. Retails for 1047$.
    Thanks for looking, Ed 573-820-0128
    Welcome to the site Ed. Nice to see your around.
    Cheers. Wildfire/4shorts

The problem with selling these kubota 5740 seats is the way they install. They have a sloped base and are really tough to install in other machines. I got lucky with mine because I was repairing an old Zetor tractor for a local farm and their seat was terrible. No foam left on it or anything so they bought my old one and paid me to install it.
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Railbender View Post
    Don't think it will fit, new cabs are wider on L60's. It takes a little work, but you can put a grammer air ride seat in it. Mr. 4 shorts put one in his and a
    guy by the name of DDT put one in his. Two different seat models though. I also put one in mine, just like mr. 4shorts. I believe it is a model 93. You could probably
    look up mr. 4shorts articles and see how he did the install. It's like the difference between day and night riding on the air ride and on the original. I also have the
    original seat for sale and will also take $500.00 for mine and the price of one like mine new is over $1500.00. Can't imagine why though, the new air ride seat
    did not cost that much !!
    Yes, I have seen his installation and it is way beyond my ability, so if I can't go bolt in, I will keep what I have.

Tractor
    kubota 5740 hstc-3

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Yes, I have seen his installation and it is way beyond my ability, so if I can't go bolt in, I will keep what I have.
    Oh come on TripleR, If a old redneck boy from Tennessee can do it you can too. Don't say can't, just do it !!

Tractor
    Kubota M8540, 3940 Grand

Good to hear from you Paul. I may have to build an angled base to bolt under this seat so it sits flat. It does make for a comfortable seat in my shop. Later, Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by 4shorts View Post
    Welcome to the site Ed. Nice to see your around.
    Cheers. Wildfire/4shorts

The problem with selling these kubota 5740 seats is the way they install. They have a sloped base and are really tough to install in other machines. I got lucky with mine because I was repairing an old Zetor tractor for a local farm and their seat was terrible. No foam left on it or anything so they bought my old one and paid me to install it.

Tractor
    Kubota 5740,BX25D

Quote Originally Posted by mrmetalweld57 View Post
    Good to hear from you Paul. I may have to build an angled base to bolt under this seat so it sits flat. It does make for a comfortable seat in my shop. Later, Ed
    Thanks Ed. Its funny you mentioned the angled bottom because before I sold my seat a guy building a boat wanted it to put in his boat. He said he'd take it but had to think about it for awhile.
    Well three months later he came looking for the seat and I had it sold. You guys might want to run an ad on a few boat sites. They would be a nice seats in a wheel house. The new owner could build a pedestal to put it on and its done
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift