Above Ground Pool Install

/ Above Ground Pool Install #41  
bluetc30, which automatic clorinator do you prefer?

Renob, have you bought your pool? Have you installed it? I got the pool with the slide (metal bar) wall joint, it was a PIB to install. Today, another delay, it is thundering outside AGAIN. The day time temp is up to 94 degrees so the incentive to finish is increasing. The wall is up and I will install the side supports, top rail, liner, and pump next. I built a temporary "mini deck" so I can swim while I build the composite deck with the tiger claw connectors.

Attachments

• pool june3.jpg
    pool june3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 916
   / Above Ground Pool Install #42  
Hmmmmm, Don, is that another incentive to get us down there?

Be honest now.

/ Above Ground Pool Install #43  
Glenda, has to do something while we are putting in that new entrance. Remember SHE is the one retiring.:D

HMMMM TBN water volleyball maybe?

/ Above Ground Pool Install #44  
uh oh big storm heading this way 70 mph winds, might be good bye pool.....:eek:

edit update: The worst missed us by about 5 miles. It is still up!
it looks like rain again all night.

Last edited:
   / Above Ground Pool Install
TXDON,

Ordered pool on fri. Should be in this week. Went with a 52" 24' round with resin top rail and styles, snap in liner, sand filter and walk in step type ladder.

Preliminary excavation of site is done. Luckily fairly level to start. Hopefully begin pool install this week. Deck install will commence as pool is finished.

Question. Did/will you use sand under liner? Do you put sand down before or after placing bottom rail?

Thanks,

/ Above Ground Pool Install #46  
I put some sand in before putting the rail down. I then put the rail up and the side up and went around sloping sand to the middle. I added a couple of scoops of sand of the side as needed.

/ Above Ground Pool Install #47  
Renob, The pool is installed in a sand hill. The bottom rail rest on the hill sand. However the kit came with a bunch of bags of Harborlite (expandable pear-lite) to put under the liner. See picture. My pool is also a 52" resin pool. I put the side supports on level 12"X12"X2" cement blocks, making sure no more than 2" of the block was on the inside of the pool. Rained out again right after this picture.

Attachments

• june 4 expandable pearlite.jpg
    june 4 expandable pearlite.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 949
Last edited:
   / Above Ground Pool Install #48  
I would put all of the sand in a couple of piles inside the pool before putting the bottom track together and then after wall is set up move it around. I have put all of the sand in after the wall was up, that wasn't any fun!!!

/ Above Ground Pool Install #49  
Step 24 is filling the pool with water, finally.
It took 2 days and this evening the pool is full.

(The wrinkles came out.)

This is a tough job with just 2 people, but it can be done.

The pool came with an underwater light kit called the Hayward Elite underwater quartz halogen flood light for above ground pools. It is an excellent addition and easy to install. The kit included a tool to make a perfect cut in the side of the metal wall.

Next project deck.

Attachments

• step 24.jpg
    step 24.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,135
   / Above Ground Pool Install #50  
Hot diggity Don! That pool looks pretty darn nice.:)

...course I wonder how long it will be before we see pictures of a few snakes swimmin' in it.:D