Septic leech field question

/ Septic leech field question #1  

Scrounger

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230
I have a buried leech field on my property. I almost wish I had the mound but mine is at ground level. The issue is my grass seems to brown out and die on the leech field. Even the weeds are having a hard time on it. Is it possible that the field is not deep enough or it really shouldn't have passed perk and its floating waste which is killing the lawn?

Any ideas?

/ Septic leech field question #2  
Possibly the opposite, is there so little loam on top of the field & so little water in the field that the browning is drought related ? I find wilted grass on my leach field when away for over a week in hot weather. A failed leach system is usually a shallow smelly pond. Try a sprinkler on it for a while. MikeD74t

/ Septic leech field question #3  
I too would suspect to little moisture. Annually every time we get dry spells my field lines are identified by the lush growth.

Scrounger, What is the mound you are refering to? All we ever have around here are the 3' wide gravel leach field dug into the ground. Are starting to see the plastic tunnel type leach fields now.

/ Septic leech field question #4  
I'll agree with everyone else. It's been REALLY dry here for the past month and a half. The grass over top of my tank is all brown and dead. The grass over my leach field (well, weeds really) is bright green.