video

/ video #1  

eteagle

Tractor
JD 3300
Many of you do great digital fotos that I appreciate. I have what is likely a silly question.

How can I defeat the auto stop feature on video camera so that it runs continuously without tape cassette in place?

I'm trying to use it as an outdoor webcam focused on bird feeders.

Thanks

Ernie

/ video #2  
I have a small 8mm video and what I need to do is to leave the cassette door open.

Give it a try.

Spence

/ video #3  
what about taking the film out of a tape so the reels run freely without any tape?

/ video
Spence,

Thanks. Leaving casette open did the trick.

However the lcd screen continuously show a bunch of icons - fader, steady shot on, etc.

Do you know why.

Ernie

/ video #5  
Spence, this was the first time I caught your signature. Showed it to my wife, she laught and laught, till I finally had to give her a ditry look, and then she really laughted some more...

/ video #6  
<font color=blue> I had to study that for a minute.. now I think I get what you said /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif. I bet (correct me if I'm wrong, Ernie) it is e. teagle, not eat-a-gle /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif </font color=blue>

note, I figured this was getting a little risque, so I deliberately did this post in <font color=blue>blue</font color=blue>...

/ video #7  
I was thinking of doing the same thing with an old camera that can't record anymore, but still has fine optics. Excellent suggestion.

/ video #8  
I work as an Operations Technician (in the real world) and a camera should pass video thru the lens to the video outputs anytime it's turned on.
If the auto stop powers down the unit after 5-10 minutes of non-use there maybe be an always on feature in the setup, or it's possible that it's a factory installed feature that can't be disabled.
Instead of leaving the door open and the menu on the LCD, why not stick a tape in the cam? Or gut a tape and put in the can and hit record.
Just a thought.