3R Home and Barn Project

/ 3R Home and Barn Project
They got the block retaining wall for the garage up this week.

Their work is pretty good and really clean.

/ 3R Home and Barn Project #102  
MrJimi said:
Rob, no matter how big of a garage we have, it's never large enough
:)

Around here we say that your shop can't be too big, only too big to heat.

Maybe you Ca and Fl guys can change that as too big to Air Condition?

jb

I just came back from Three Rivers and saw the improvements on the log cabin.
Rather than posting separate photos like I've done before, I'll try posting this link to a slide show Loretta has created for our friends and family. If it works, I'd like to share it with you guys too.

Couple of things...
She has put narration on the photos themselves but you may want to set the speed of the slide show so you can read the narration. You can do this by putting the show on "pause" using the buttons down below. It is currently set for 4 seconds, so for me, anyway, that's too fast to see the photos and read the narration. You can set the speed to your liking.

Even better ...you can also put it on pause and then click the "forward" arrow to move manually to the next photo. That will allow you to move at your own pace.
Try it and let me know if this works better than just posting all those photos.
Here is the link:
Slide Show of Progress
Thanks,
Rob-

/ 3R Home and Barn Project #104  
john_bud said:
Around here we say that your shop can't be too big, only too big to heat.

Maybe you Ca and Fl guys can change that as too big to Air Condition?

jb

Funny you mention that, I was just shopping for cheap ceiling fans for upstairs of ours
and I open doors on shady side
and turn on 36 inch fan

/ 3R Home and Barn Project #105  
3RRL said:
Try it and let me know if this works better than just posting all those photos.
Here is the link:
Slide Show of Progress
Thanks,
Rob-

Slide show works great for me. Your place is taking shape fast. Sure looks nice, keep the pics coming.:)

Look at the size of these logs they are using for the front of the log home.
What do you think of that?

/ 3R Home and Barn Project #107  
Rob, All I can say is WOW! I'm gone for a month and completely missed this excellent thread. Now I'm up to date with what's going on at your land. Congratulations! I'm amazed with what your tractor can do. We have to rent a [SIZE=-1]KOMATSU D65 to do the same job.[/SIZE]

Tom

Hi Tom,
I'm so glad you caught this thread. I know you are about ready to start your project too. BTW, how is your barn coming? I have not heard about it lately. Do you have any pictures?

About my 55hp Kama, it sure did a great job over and above the normal CUT use. I'm glad I got the size I did because anything smaller would have been a real challenge for some of the work it had to do. You can see I have done a lot of modification to make it more versatile though. I think I posted before that with the work I've done for the house and barn project, let alone all the other stuff I've done on the road, trail, food plot and camp projects, it's paid for itself a couple times over now. I must have gotten a really good one.

A Komatsu D65 is a pretty good sized bulldozer, quite a bit larger than yours, isn't it? I'm surprised your bulldozer is not doing what you want. Maybe you have some giant rocks, granite or trees in the way? I'd sure like to hear what's going on at your property.

/ 3R Home and Barn Project #109  
Rob, I'm pretty happy with my little dozer. It has been a great tool and well worth the money. All my grading work are done. The road, pad for the house and the foundation for the barn was poured last november. However, everything has been sitting there with no progress for almost 9 months now. I've file a 2 year extension for my building permit. I got busy on my real job and haven't had much time to visit my land lately. Tom

/ 3R Home and Barn Project #110  
3RRL said:
Look at the size of these logs they are using for the front of the log home.
What do you think of that?

They look to be about 24" in diameter, that's a good size log. How are they fastened to the concrete? Does your contractor think that he will be able to have a closed shell for winter? Or at least the roof?

Good luck:)