Bulldozing a New Road at Larry's Place

/ Bulldozing a New Road at Larry's Place #11  
Nice, threads, guys, and I am envious as all **** about it.....;)

Larry, it looks like you made out very well on the dozer buy....money and condition wise. An old dozer guy told me years ago that the first thing one should do when they get a dozer is put it up on blocks, inspect it, and tighten every bolt you can find. Looks like you got that done and replaced a few simpler UC components that can pay off over the lifetime.

You figured the purchase price per pound, but in the short time you've had it, have you been able to figure an hourly cost of operation on it? Including and/or excluding repairs so far?

/ Bulldozing a New Road at Larry's Place #12  
I see nothing but great team work :) and whole lot of enjoyment....thanks for sharing.

/ Bulldozing a New Road at Larry's Place #14  
JoeinTX said:
Nice, threads, guys, and I am envious as all **** about it.....;)

Larry, it looks like you made out very well on the dozer buy....money and condition wise. An old dozer guy told me years ago that the first thing one should do when they get a dozer is put it up on blocks, inspect it, and tighten every bolt you can find. Looks like you got that done and replaced a few simpler UC components that can pay off over the lifetime.

You figured the purchase price per pound, but in the short time you've had it, have you been able to figure an hourly cost of operation on it? Including and/or excluding repairs so far?

Joe,

Thanks - I went over it from stem to stern

Cost per hour :confused: With only 26 hours, and 2-3 of them "joy riding" I'm too afraid to do the math:eek: OK, so far it's ~ 525 per hour, having my very own dozer - priceless :D

Larry

/ Bulldozing a New Road at Larry's Place #15  
GuglioLS said:
Joe,

Thanks - I went over it from stem to stern

Cost per hour :confused: With only 26 hours, and 2-3 of them "joy riding" I'm too afraid to do the math:eek: OK, so far it's ~ 525 per hour, having my very own dozer - priceless :D

Larry

LARRY-ROB-and LADIES: What a great "picture story" of two talented gentlemen with the support of the ladies working together on a project to the finish in rural America! This is truly the AMERICAN WAY... (TEAMWORK)! Thanx for the pictures/postings. Definitely the right machine for the job! LEE

/ Bulldozing a New Road at Larry's Place #16  
Mornin Larry and Rob,
Very nicely done as usual ! ;) Larry, I have to admit, Im very jealous over that dozer, Ive secretely wanted one since I was a kid ! :) The good news is , Im not dead yet ! When I was a kid, the farmer down the road from us, had an old International Trac-Tractor, and Ive been hooked ever since ! ;)

/ Bulldozing a New Road at Larry's Place #17  
Great pictures and story. Thanks!!

An old timer told me that a small dozer can do anything a big one can, you just have to be a better operator. hahaha I'm a big dozer type of guy, so I can let the machine make up for my lack of skills.

Seriously, it's impressive to see what you can do with that dozer. !!!!!!

Eddie

/ Bulldozing a New Road at Larry's Place #18  
Thomas, Harvey7, Lee, Scotty, Eddie, and all -

Thanks for your interest and taking the time to post your positive comments. It sure is a blast operating that little dozer, I highly recommend operating one, it's good medicine.

Per Scotty:
Ive secretely wanted one since I was a kid ! :) The good news is , Im not dead yet !
HaHaHa, that's great Scotty. I see in your avatar, you too have piles of snow to move around in the winter. I wonder how effective (efficient) a dozer is moving snow? Or is that overkill?

Per Eddie:
An old timer told me that a small dozer can do anything a big one can, you just have to be a better operator. hahaha I'm a big dozer type of guy, so I can let the machine make up for my lack of skills.

HeHeHe - Eddie, if I understand that old timer correctly, he's saying - "it's not the size of your dozer that matters, but how you use it?"

Larry

/ Bulldozing a New Road at Larry's Place
HeHeHe - Eddie, if I understand that old timer correctly, he's saying - "it's not the size of your dozer that matters, but how you use it?"

I'll bet if you asked a female dozer operator she'd say "size does matter".:)

/ Bulldozing a New Road at Larry's Place #20  
3RRL said:

I'll bet if you asked a female dozer operator she'd say "size does matter".:)

Rob,

Are you saying I'm a female type dozer operator? :D :D :D :D :eek: :eek:

Just kidding,
Eddie