Fall Party Games

/ Fall Party Games #1  

Tororider

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4310
We are going to be having a party for some friends with a hayride and bonfire and stuff. Just wondering if you guys had any good ideas for other games or things to do at a fall party like that. We have already used the tractor to move some large rocks into a circle for our fire area. And I cut a large area with the brush hog so we could throw a football, or pumpkins, or have a three legged race. Also used the brush hog to cut an area for parking.

Pretty much just looking for some suggestions for games both for the little ones and for the adults.

Also, suggestions for hayrides, what to do and not to do. We are going to do a couple dry runs, don't plan on being on the road much. The trailer has sides on it and I am planning on going pretty slow with kids in the mix, but this will be our first hayride with the tractor.

Thanks guys!

/ Fall Party Games #2  
Tororider said:
Also, suggestions for hayrides, what to do and not to do. We are going to do a couple dry runs, don't plan on being on the road much. The trailer has sides on it and I am planning on going pretty slow with kids in the mix, but this will be our first hayride with the tractor.

Thanks guys!

Mornin Tororider,
Sounds like a fun time ! I would suggest an adult in the wagon durring the hayrides that can get your attention easily if something should go wrong ! Also I would suggest flashers on the tractor and on the back of trailer ! I would only go on back roads that are traveled very infrequently, like out in the middle of no where ! The trailer sides are a very good idea ! Have a great time ! :)

/ Fall Party Games #4  
For the hayride outline the edge of the trailer with hay bales to keep the little ones from accidently falling off. I always enjoyed egg toss at picnics. If you have someone with artistic talents, kids love face painting.

/ Fall Party Games #5  
ToroRider,

I just made a game that they are using at tailgate parties. It's called cornhole or bean toss. It is a board that is 24" w x 48" long with a 6" hole towards the top. You toss 6" x 6" bags and the object is to hit the hole or at least stay on the board.You can buy the game at Wal Mart or order it online. OR they are very easy to build yourself. If you want more information on them contact me and I'll give you more. My entire family got hooked on the game after playing it at a family reunion this summer.

Hagman

/ Fall Party Games
MarkV,
Did you build a pit, or just knock two bars into the ground and let them fly? I was thinking about building a course, but wanted to have the least amount of labor for the most results.

Hagman,
I am definitely interested in building a bean toss. My friend has one, but I would like one to keep out at the farm for parties like this. Plus it is something the little ones could play while the adults throw the iron around. If you have the plans for an easy build I would be much appreciative.

Thanks

Keep the ideas coming.

/ Fall Party Games
Oh yeah,
There aren't going to be a ton of kids at the party so I am going to make sure there is at least one adult per kid on the hayride to keep things as safe as possible. I have heard that if I get a dummy femail trailer connection and then alligator clip onto the two hot wires and take that to the battery I can get lights for the trailer, is that correct? I will definitely have a big orange reflector.

/ Fall Party Games #8  
Maybe a scavenger hunt, or boil some eggs and hide those, no need waiting till Easter. Water balloons, pinata, tire swing. Sounds like fun. Be safe.

/ Fall Party Games #9  
Kids of all ages just love...............................FIREWORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A hit at any party, Just be careful.

/ Fall Party Games #10  
ToroRider,

I sent you an email with the Bean Toss directions. If you need photos email me back and I'll send those to you.

Hagman