Circuit Breaker Cross Reference Chart

/ Circuit Breaker Cross Reference Chart #1  

Farwell

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 2010
I am in the process of adding a few new circuits to my shop. My load center is a Cutler-Hammer BR series. I have been told by a few Borg employees that several other brand name circuit breakers are compatible with my load center. I want to make sure that I install breakers that are compatible. At one time I had a cross reference chart that specified which breakers could be used in which manufacturer's load center. I can not find the chart and have not been able to locate it on the Internet. Does anyone on TBN have a copy of the chart or can direct me to a site on the Internet that does?
Thank you in advance.

/ Circuit Breaker Cross Reference Chart #2  
I don't have a chart, But I am curious why you just don't use the Cutler Hammer breakers? Why do you want to stick different manufacturers part in your panel?

Seems like putting Chevy motor in your Ford;)

/ Circuit Breaker Cross Reference Chart #3  
I wonder if you can e-mail one of the companys with ads at the top or bottom of these posts and ask them. I'm sure they could tell you which ones interchange. Good luck.

/ Circuit Breaker Cross Reference Chart
Thanks guys. My best bet is probably to go to a local electric supply and get an answer from the pros if I can't get a copy of the chart.
The main reason for checking to see if different breakers will work in my panel is that I have 20 brand new breakers of different amperage that are looking for a good home and the second reason is I haven't yet checked to see how available Cutler-Hammer products are, that will be my next Borg trip.

/ Circuit Breaker Cross Reference Chart #5  
Most circuit breakers that I have seen are made to attach differently. Ones that attach the same way and fit in the box should replace others of the same amp rating.

/ Circuit Breaker Cross Reference Chart #6  
If it's a recent Cutler Hammer, it uses breakers that are interchangable with the wide GE breaker, Square D Homeline, and a number of others. If it's the old Cutler Hammer, then these breakers are expensive and very specific to this box. Go to Menards with a sample breaker, and about everything they carry, with the exception of the Square D QO are interchangable.

You can easily match up other breakers by comparing widths, the rear latch/notch area, length and how the breaker connects to the bus bar. Most boxes made today, aside from the QO box, use interchangeable breakers.

/ Circuit Breaker Cross Reference Chart
Thanks to someone's advice, I tried the breakers in the panel box and a lot of them fit. Wish I had thought of that first. I wasn't comfortable inserting quite a few breakers into a live panel to see if they fit. I found a way to kill power to the panel.
The box is a recent purchase so it seems that I am in luck.
Thanks for all your help.