Crushed stone prices- way up!

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #1  

Skyco

Elite Member
Went to haul some ABC/Crusher run yesterday to my mountain property.
It was $11 a ton 2 years ago, $14 a year ago, and is now close to $20 a ton:( I haul 5 tons at a time in my dump trailer and took sufficient cash, I thought, to get 3 loads. Had to hit the ATM to get the third load:cool:
I realize diesel prices are way up so their costs are up but almost double in two years....:confused:

Is everyone seeing this or is it just the Western NC area?

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #2  
My contractor price is around $11.50 at the quarry, Where i get other items [rock,mulch] it is $19.50 my price. Other places are just silly i was stuck on one job and i paid $35 per yard, no discount.:eek:

Shane

/ Crushed stone prices- way up!
Maybe but you still need feed stock for it....;)

I did a web search and found crushed rock prices posted at several places around the country...many were WAY less than the Vulcan Quarry in Hendersonville, NC. I guess they have a lock on the local market.

I used to think nothing of going to get 5 tons of rock at about $60 a trailer load...now at well over $100, and the fuel to operate my truck way up too, it is something to consider.:eek:

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #5  
Aquaman said:
Somebody needs to invent a pto driven gravel crusher:(

Unless you have some way to tumble it, it will chew up your tires. At least the stuff around here.

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #6  
dangerdoc said:
Unless you have some way to tumble it, it will chew up your tires. At least the stuff around here.

I hear you. The state uses that sharp stuff to pave our roads. It's so sharp that 60,000 mile tires last about 30,000 or less. I bet If you lock up a wheel, it would grind it down to the rim. :eek:

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #7  
I live in eastern PA and stone prices have dropped over the last several months. I had 23 tons of 2A modified delivered in August and October. August price was 9.95 a ton and down to 6.95 in October. I paid $94. for delivery including fuel surcharge. I am 12 miles from the quary.

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #8  
BackwoodsMan said:
I live in eastern PA and stone prices have dropped over the last several months. I had 23 tons of 2A modified delivered in August and October. August price was 9.95 a ton and down to 6.95 in October. I paid $94. for delivery including fuel surcharge. I am 12 miles from the quary.
6.95 a ton that is cheap. Would they deliver to Ontario:)

Shane

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #9  
Well guys I can make you sick. $5.00 a ton for 57 (unwashed), 78 (unwashed), 1/2 crush run, or 3/4 crush run. $5.50 a ton for 57, or 78 washed. Here in Alabama. I can get it delivered for $12.00 a ton total price.

I went a couple weeks ago with my single axle dump and got 9 tons for $54.00. Cost me another $30.00 in gas to haul it the 30 miles from the crusher to my house.

Of course there are 5 quarries within 50 miles of my house :) .

Chris

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #10  
firefighter9208 said:
Well guys I can make you sick. $5.00 a ton for 57 (unwashed), 78 (unwashed), 1/2 crush run, or 3/4 crush run. $5.50 a ton for 57, or 78 washed. Here in Alabama. I can get it delivered for $12.00 a ton total price.

I went a couple weeks ago with my single axle dump and got 9 tons for $54.00. Cost me another $30.00 in gas to haul it the 30 miles from the crusher to my house.

Of course there are 5 quarries within 50 miles of my house :) .

Chris

Yes that does make me sick, good for you guys not so good for me.
Hey Chris do you have any pics of your 69 Mustang?

Shane