Opinions on Steel Buildings

/ Opinions on Steel Buildings #1  

selfc23fe

Tractor
2008 Kubota L3400
I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge about National Barn Company. I am planning on putting up a building/garage/shop. I personally think I like wood framed buildings better, for various reasons, but I live in tornado alley so I also like the wind shedding ability of a quonset hut type of design. Anyway I was wondering if anybody has opinion on this company, Morton, or any other recommendations and/or opinions on which companies to use or steer clear of. Thanks
Chris

/ Opinions on Steel Buildings #2  
I've been looking for a long time and always lean toward Mueller.

/ Opinions on Steel Buildings
Thanks, I haven't heard of them until now. I'll check them out.

/ Opinions on Steel Buildings #4  
Another vote for Mueller.

I have their 30x50x12 with a 10x12 roll up and a personel door.

I'm lucky as I have a mueller just a few miles away.

/ Opinions on Steel Buildings #5  
I only have experience with two metal building companies and got lucky on my second one. Mueller has been great to me and I highly recomend them.

Eddie

/ Opinions on Steel Buildings #6  
My shop is also a Mueller.

The quonset hut would be a good idea in your area just for the wind shedding reasons.

/ Opinions on Steel Buildings #7  
I vote Butler

I am a supervisor for a steel erection company and we only do Butler buildings, so I am biased.

A lot of the cheap steel buildings advertised don't have adequate load ratings (wind loads, snow loads, ect.). Make sure you check with local codes and price the building accordingly.

Just trying to level the playing field. Their is usually a reason why cheap buildings are cheaper.

/ Opinions on Steel Buildings #8  
I am in NE Oklahoma and am familiar with National Barn near Fort Gibson. I have neard nothing bad about them, and have heard some good things from a few people.

I go back and forth weekly between a pole barn from National and a steel building from Mueller. I need one by fall.

/ Opinions on Steel Buildings
Ok Scott, The race is on.......:D

/ Opinions on Steel Buildings #10  
I don't have any direct experience, but I've been looking hard at the Miracle Truss buildings as I don't want to mess with wood & posts. I like the idea of a few steel supports and clear spans, but that's just me. I don't know if anyone here has dealt with them first hand though?

Here's a link to their site --> Miracle Truss Buildings

- Jay