Tractor Shed - Need Framing Ideas

/ Tractor Shed - Need Framing Ideas #41  
Sully2 said:
I had a scrap piece of OSB laying around here after my home was built..and I propped it up against a tree..outside..no protection and there it stood for a full 5 years. Not one bit of delination on it. I finally tossed it into the burn pile because I got sick of looking at it.

I've heard others say the exact same thing, but I like to cover mine asap. :D

/ Tractor Shed - Need Framing Ideas #42  
RobJ said:
I've heard others say the exact same thing, but I like to cover mine asap. :D

Without a doubt ASAP. The thing I like about "solid decking" is there are no "holes" to accidently step thru..especially when your on the roof with a sheet of metal roofing and the wind blows up a touch!!

/ Tractor Shed - Need Framing Ideas
Sully2 said:
Without a doubt ASAP. The thing I like about "solid decking" is there are no "holes" to accidently step thru..especially when your on the roof with a sheet of metal roofing and the wind blows up a touch!!

Thanks for all the help guys! Great ideas and advice!

Final design will be posts 8 ft. centers with 2x4 trusses on 24" centers and 7/16" OSB decking.

If I can start clearing this weekend I will post a new thread from ground up.:D

NEW QUESTION!

How tall should I make the inside?

I was looking into the posts options and discovered that 4x4's max at 12 ft. long. This would leave me with a 8 ft. ceiling.

4x6 posts max at 16 ft. long. This would give a 12 ft. max ceiling height.

Taller is better, right?

/ Tractor Shed - Need Framing Ideas #45  
I think the new OSB is much different than what they used 10 years ago. I saw a earthquake similator with one shed framed with OSB and the other with Ply Wood and the OSB shed was stronger. I noticed the stuff I have outside in extreme conditions is still rock solid as well not the stuff that would crumble with hand pressure a few years back. I was told that Mold likes OSB and that's why they don't use it in Florida much.

Taller is better, a 10-12 foot ceiling would be find at the walls, I would think.
I think you will be happy with the diminsions, you have. Here is a shot of my inexpensive tractor shed prior to paint. It's only 15x20 and it's fine for what I use it for which is keep the tractor out of the elements.

Attachments

• carport 2.jpg
    carport 2.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 1,248
saltman said:
I think the new OSB is much different than what they used 10 years ago. I saw a earthquake similator with one shed framed with OSB and the other with Ply Wood and the OSB shed was stronger. I noticed the stuff I have outside in extreme conditions is still rock solid as well not the stuff that would crumble with hand pressure a few years back. I was told that Mold likes OSB and that's why they don't use it in Florida much.

Taller is better, a 10-12 foot ceiling would be find at the walls, I would think.
I think you will be happy with the diminsions, you have. Here is a shot of my inexpensive tractor shed prior to paint. It's only 15x20 and it's fine for what I use it for which is keep the tractor out of the elements.

Cool shed! Thanks for sharing!