adding a lean to on pole barn

/ adding a lean to on pole barn #1  

jrwhitey_2000

I have a 32 x 40 pole barn that I would like to add on to. I would like to add a 16 x 40 lean to. The barn is over 12' high to the bottom of the facia. The roof is a 4/12 pitch. What would I want to use for the rafters and what spacing. I looked at the load table that was floating around here, but it has too many numbers for me. I am located in 43719 zip code. What size post should I use? My pole barn has 6x6 on corners and 4x6 line posts. I will put metal sheeting on the walls and roof and a garage door on one end. Thanks for any help.

/ adding a lean to on pole barn #2  
jrwhitey_2000 said:
I have a 32 x 40 pole barn that I would like to add on to. I would like to add a 16 x 40 lean to. The barn is over 12' high to the bottom of the facia. The roof is a 4/12 pitch. What would I want to use for the rafters and what spacing. I looked at the load table that was floating around here, but it has too many numbers for me. I am located in 43719 zip code. What size post should I use? My pole barn has 6x6 on corners and 4x6 line posts. I will put metal sheeting on the walls and roof and a garage door on one end. Thanks for any help.
Jrwhitey,
Sorry, but I know nothing of snow loads. You have to figure that in up there. With no snow........I would go at least 2x10s I went 2x8 on my 12 foot wide sheds. But I went on 5 foot centers to tie into the main barn roof trusses. Then 2x4s on two foot spacing, then Efoil insulation, then 26 guage Mueller Banner Red metal
hugs, Brandi