BX2200 NOT up to task

/ BX2200 NOT up to task #1  

PAGUY

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200, Gravely mower
This week I tried to dig out lilac bushes for a neighbor after installing the tooth bar on my Kubota. It worked to a certain degree but failed when lilac roots could only be attacked by one side of FEL. What happened was it popped the back end of the tractor off the ground. We ended up putting a chain around those I couldn't get at and pulled them out with his truck. I then loaded on my trailer and took them away to become home for wildlife at my gun club.

My good deed was paid back with poison Ivy on both arms. :(

/ BX2200 NOT up to task #2  
Did you have any weight on the back? It sounds to me like you need to ballast the tractor better and then all the force that was wasted lifting up the rear would have been used to lift the loader instead.

/ BX2200 NOT up to task #4  
If he pulled them out with his truck, I'll bet you could have pulled them out with the Kubota. Wrap a chain over an old wheel rim and to the drawbar, other end around the bush of course. I'd put a piece of plywood between the ROPS uprights with a tiny view hole at eye level. The plywood would protect you in case the chain snapped.

Ralph

/ BX2200 NOT up to task
kennyd - No ballast in the rear. I thought that would have helped.

Shmudda - A backhoe would have done the trick you're right.

RalphVA - If I read you right I could have used the power of the PTO lift (which I understand has more lifting power in poundage than the FEL) to pull them out. I'll have to try that if there is a next time. Thanks for the suggestion.

Well the job got done and it sure looks better than before. Owner is happy with the results but I'll think twice before I offer my services again.

/ BX2200 NOT up to task #6  
"Somebody needs a Backhoe......."

Everyone needs a hoe!