Anyone use "Billboard" tarps before?

/ Anyone use "Billboard" tarps before? #22  
Our high school band used them to cover the gym floor at the high school so the band parents could use the gym for craft sale each year. They worked well and held up the 10 years we were involved, still using them last I knew.

/ Anyone use "Billboard" tarps before? #23  
Thanks newbury for bumping this thread, and to Barry 1 for the link!

I may end up buying from ebay, but having the option and even knowing that these are available is great.

I'm probably going to buy a 14' x 23' tarp and cut it into 8- 7' x 6.5' tarps to cover split firewood in firewood bags on individual pallets.

I found the best price on the HH66 Vinyl Adhesive they recommend for bonding these at mytarp.com.

Thomas

/ Anyone use "Billboard" tarps before? #24  
   / Anyone use "Billboard" tarps before? #25  
We have a local sign company that gives that material away. You have to check once a week, as it is a hot item.!! We have some Amish in the area, and they get the large one's, and cut them down to make smaller ones. They have the HD sewing machines to sew the edges, and the eyelet tools, so as to make tie downs.

Our horse club got several a few years ago to cover some lumber we salvaged out of a building. Lumber was covered for 3 years, and tarp was still in good shape..!! The sign company is more then glad to give them away, saves them on the disposal fee.

/ Anyone use "Billboard" tarps before? #26  
Thanks newbury for bumping this thread, and to Barry 1 for the link!
I may end up buying from ebay, but having the option and even knowing that these are available is great.
I'm probably going to buy a 14' x 23' tarp and cut it into 8- 7' x 6.5' tarps to cover split firewood in firewood bags on individual pallets.
I found the best price on the HH66 Vinyl Adhesive they recommend for bonding these at mytarp.com.
Thomas
Dad had found a sign company in Syracuse that gave him several billboard tarps for his woodpile. Don't remember who it was though.

Aaron Z

/ Anyone use "Billboard" tarps before? #28  
Don't buy them. Seams split when we rolled them out. Not a happy camper. We intended to use them for round bales. Bought from Sky Group.

/ Anyone use "Billboard" tarps before? #29  
Don't buy them. Seams split when we rolled them out. Not a happy camper. We intended to use them for round bales. Bought from Sky Group.

We've had reasonably good return on investment by purchasing them either locally or through Re-Purposed Materials, Inc:
Repurposed Materials - - repurposedMATERIALS, especially when/if they have free shipping.

They're in Chicago, Denver, Atlanta, and Philly now.

They need to be pretty securely fastened down to avoid having the wind break them down by making them flap around-our best performance was achieved by using the built-in pipe loops- slip a piece of PVC or even thin conduit through, and tie to it.

Otherwise even grommets rip out too easily given the 90+ MPH wind storms we have had off on the past couple years.

YMMV!