Bush hogging

/ Bush hogging #1  

Bentwrench

I've been doing some of my yearly bush-hogging on my rough ground and thought I was getting along pretty well,,,,, then this guy showed up with his new rig cutting on one of the power lines that cross me. Kinda showed me up !

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 575
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 473
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 451
  • misc 8-07-08 016.jpg
    misc 8-07-08 016.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 448
   / Bush hogging #2  
Like my parents taught me... Their is always someone bigger and badder!!! Looks like one mean machine.

/ Bush hogging #3  
that thar is a BEAST!

man, i want a career change.....:D

did all the local tractor owners stay on the front porch?;)

edit: we were camping out at my buddy's house when we were about in middle school.......we awoke to what sounded likethe end of the world coming up the right-of-way we were camping on.......we looked at the aftermath and i swear there were 5"+ diamter tree stumps just shredded.....with out mouths hanging open, my buddy said "that WAS a hydroaxe....."

/ Bush hogging #5  
elkun1 said:
wonder how often that winch gets used. Ron

from the looks of it, quite often

i notice he has the front tires on "backwards"

/ Bush hogging
Finally got done here yesterday things sure look different. The operator told me the only time he uses the winch is when he gets stuck in a ditch or bad wet area. As far as hills he can climb anything that will not shut the engine down. It has sensors that kill it when on to much of an incline for the oil pump to work. I was surprised to find out that the tires are air only, no fluid or foam. But the machine does weigh 15 tons. It is powered by a Cummins and costs $230,000 .

Attachments

• powerline 018.jpg
    powerline 018.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 265
  • powerline 023.jpg
    powerline 023.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 230
   / Bush hogging #7  
I have GOT to have me one of those :D