Property showcase, Let's see what you've got!

/ Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #102  
I have 44 acres in SE Missouri,most of it is forest. It joins 300+ acres of national forest and is very close to the Castor River. I hope to build a retirement house here someday, for now I camp, hunt and ride 4 wheelers however I have the most fun there when on my tractor!

Last edited:
   / Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #103  
I have 44 acres in SE Missouri,most of it is forest. It joins 300+ acres of national forest and is very close to the Castor River. I hope to build a retirement house here someday, for now I camp, hunt and ride 4 wheelers however I have the most fun there when on my tractor!

Very nice to abut national forest land. Look's like a beatiful place.

/ Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #104  
Here is our spread: "Lagniappe by the Lake" Second picture shows our place with a bay of Lake Texoma in the background. Texoma is a 90,000 acre COE lake impounding the Red River on the TX/OK border. Our property is bordered on 2 sides by COE land that also borders the lake. There are many miles of equestrian trails in those woods behind our house, which we have direct access to.

Attachments

• Copy (3) of IMG_0577.JPG
    Copy (3) of IMG_0577.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 181
  • Copy (2) of IMG_0595.JPG
    Copy (2) of IMG_0595.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 199
   / Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #105  
Here is our spread: "Lagniappe by the Lake" Second picture shows our place with a bay of Lake Texoma in the background. Texoma is a 90,000 acre COE lake impounding the Red River on the TX/OK border. Our property is bordered on 2 sides by COE land that also borders the lake. There are many miles of equestrian trails in those woods behind our house, which we have direct access to.

We lived in Wichita Falls in '79 and '80. The family used to go camping at lake Texoma. As I remember we used to find alot of fossils on the lake shore. Nice looking spread.

/ Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #106  
Nice place you have there Marty. I guess it is true, everything in Texas is bigger.:)
Shane

/ Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #107  
Lots of beautiful places on this thread. I have finally gotten a new camera so here are more first (overdue) pics for the forumn. Some pics of my place. Only 3 acres (wish it was more) There is a few hundred acres behind me of state owned land that is federally protected due to beaver dams/natural water etc... so good thing is it will always stay preserved/private. I grew up in the city on .05 of an acre. (I could almost touch the neighboring house from my window) Fist home moved to .25 of an acre, 2nd home 1/2 acre, and this now our 3rd and last 3 acres.

Pics 1, 2, 3, and 4 are of some of my front and driveway (only 225 ft) On the left of the driveway you can see some of my rock collection and also my "tractor house" In some of these pics you can see some of the borders I have been making in the landscape w/ some rocks.

Pics 5,6 & 7 are of some of the back. And the last 2 pics because this is a tractor forumn, my B2620. Still lots of work to do on the side which is about an acre and really nothing right now but dirt and rock piles and some trees. My plan over there is a pond and some landscaping. I will post pics of this progress in the spring.

Attachments

• DSCI0337.JPG
    DSCI0337.JPG
    846.4 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCI0336.JPG
    DSCI0336.JPG
    840 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCI0338.JPG
    DSCI0338.JPG
    842.2 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCI0344.JPG
    DSCI0344.JPG
    830 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCI0341.JPG
    DSCI0341.JPG
    839.7 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCI0342.JPG
    DSCI0342.JPG
    851.6 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCI0343.JPG
    DSCI0343.JPG
    847.2 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCI0340.JPG
    DSCI0340.JPG
    828.3 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCI0339.JPG
    DSCI0339.JPG
    841 KB · Views: 116
   / Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #108  
This is my yard ...Secondary yard to 1400 acre family farm , But just where me/the missus and the nipper live ...?
Where i run my firewood business from...?
The pic does'nt do it justice as only coming out of winter but the bush is all ash and the yard is covered in flowering/fruit trees and flower beds..????

Your place reminds me of the farms I remember in Kansas as a child. A nice farm house, trees and green things all around making it look like you live in the woods. Then you walk down to the mail box and it's open wheat fields for miles. The old farmers really knew how to make a little patches of heaven in the middle of the plains.

/ Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #109  
Attached are some pics of our 4.25 ac retirement property in the foothills of the Smokies in East Tennessee. This is where my Power Trac earns its keep....

1. A satellite view, showing how the property is located between two small ponds.

2. A view of the approximate 425 ft frontage on the larger pond, taken from the road on the other side of the pond.

3. A MS Virtual Earth view, looking South toward the main spine of the Appalachian chain (the TN/NC border) in the Smokies. Most of the mountains are 4,000 ft plus and a few on the TN side going up to 6400-6600 ft.

4. A MS Virtual Earth view, looking North toward the mountain that makes up the "front range." It's about 2800 ft or so, while my propery lies between 1200-1300 ft.

5. A view of "circular driveway" we've built, where it enters the lot, showing some of the clearing and fruit trees we've planted.

6. A view of the driveway from the rear of the lot, showing the clearing and planned building site -- where the pile of topsoil is...

7. A view of the stream that drains the "upper pond" into the lower one that fronts the property. This stream runs down the sourthern boundary of the lot...

Attachments

• SR_waterfront.jpg
    SR_waterfront.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 137
  • SR_Lakes.jpg
    SR_Lakes.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 174
  • SR_south.jpg
    SR_south.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 123
  • SR_North.jpg
    SR_North.jpg