How Tall Is Cab Tractor?

/ How Tall Is Cab Tractor? #1  

AKKubota

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2520
I am building a garage on my retirement property and need to figure out how big a door I should get. I have large property, but couldn't imagine owning any tractor larger than a 6000 series JD or equiv. sized cab tractor. I will most likily have a CUT but I just want to be sure.

How tall are those full sized utility tractors with cabs and what size door would you recommend?

/ How Tall Is Cab Tractor? #2  
I'd suggest looking at the specs for a few example tractors that are of interest to you to be sure.

My Kubota L5740 cab just fits an 8' doorway, but not with the backhoe up. My new shop has 10' doors to accommodat the tractor with backhoe as well as my dozer. 9' was just a little too tight. I think the tractors you are talking about are bigger than mine.

/ How Tall Is Cab Tractor? #3  
I would go 10' minimum and ideally 12' to have room for snow buildup and such in fromnt of door and just room for large tractor or trucks. Just my opinion.

/ How Tall Is Cab Tractor? #4  
I would go 10' minimum and ideally 12' to have room for snow buildup and such in fromnt of door and just room for large tractor or trucks. Just my opinion.
I know that you are offering practical advice especially considering where the original poster lives but when you live in arkansas and people offer advice about planning for show buildup in front of the door that is just a hoot. If I look outside and see snow on the ground. I get up, go throw more wood on the fire, call my boss and say see you when it melts and go back to bed. If by some horrible chance it has snowed enough to block reception from the DISH antenna i get a broom and go outside to sweep it off then go back to bed.

/ How Tall Is Cab Tractor? #5  
My Case-ih Maxxum 125 is next frame size larger than the JD 6000 series. My tractor is 114". If you go 10', you should be good.

/ How Tall Is Cab Tractor? #6  
My cab tractor is 105" with 16.9x30 rear tires.

Also have a 14' class backhoe that must be dropped to clear 10' door height. Polebarn is 12' sidewall with 10' clearance door. Electric overhead doors will further reduce clearance...

/ How Tall Is Cab Tractor? #7  
"Electric overhead doors will further reduce clearance..." This is a good point ... I cannot remember the height of my 6420 w/cab but I know it will not get into a shed with a 9' openning. I checked sometime back with it on a GN trailer to make sure it would clear a 13' under pass. The trailer is 34" to the top of the bed ... It will clear with a few inches to spare. My tractor is on the farm and is not near enough (350 mi.) to run out and measure ... I would go by a Deere dealer and check ... I know I found the height but I cannot find it at the moment ... remember the height also depends on tires ... sorry I could not help much!
Leo