roll pickup bed unloaders, any opinions

/ roll pickup bed unloaders, any opinions #1  

kossetx

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC 40 A, AC 5020
I need to move some dirt around and doing it a bucket at a time a half mile isn't time or cost effective. Anyone have an opinion of those roll up pickup unloaders? Could they move a yard of dirt, or atleast half a yard? At 90.00 it's probably worth a try.

TIA, Mark

/ roll pickup bed unloaders, any opinions #2  
As long as the dirt does not "lock" on the wheel wells it should work fine. Some sort of bed liner to make things slippery also helps.
I bought a 54" wide roll of the material to make an unloader to fit my snowmobile trailer.
There is at least one thread on here with some praise and testimonials for the "load handler"

Last edited:
   / roll pickup bed unloaders, any opinions
Hmmm! You gave me something to think about with the wheel wells. Maybe a couple pieces of plywood layed against the wheel wells just in the back half.

.I thought there was a thread on this but my search turned up nothing and I can't remember if they were thought to be good or bad overall. Thanks

/ roll pickup bed unloaders, any opinions
thanks for those links. I didn't know the exact name and pickup unloader didn't work. It's always good to revisit something anyway.

/ roll pickup bed unloaders, any opinions #6  
oh and cost wise they are aval here. at HF
Harbor Freight Tools

I think some stores carry them as well.I would think as you asked, some plywood 'sides' against the wells might work.
Good luck nd keep us updated.
Al

/ roll pickup bed unloaders, any opinions #8  
Hmmm!
I thought there was a thread on this but my search turned up nothing and I can't remember if they were thought to be good or bad overall. Thanks
Do a search on me.
I've posted several times about my load handler.

/ roll pickup bed unloaders, any opinions #9  
   / roll pickup bed unloaders, any opinions #10  
I have the Load Handler 3000# version and the bed mat they sell. I have unloaded 1 to 1.5 tons (at a time, 4-5 loads thus far) of 3/4 inch bluestone, full beds of firewood, and a full bed of bank run (was way overloaded). Both of my trucks (old F350 and a RAM 2500) have 8' beds.

The only time I had an issue was a "duh" moment (my first time using it) with the full load of bank run - truck was on the side of a slope. As the fabric pulled the load to the rear, it started rolling on the bar uneven, got caught on the LH bracket and started to tear the fabric. Got the load off anyway, fixed the fabric with duct tape, and it still works fine.

A heavy load of damp dirt requires some effort on the crank - but still only takes 60-90 seconds. The bluestone rolled right off - less than 30 secs. The wood is easy too if it doesn't get hung up. I am still suprised how well it works

I do wish they had an adapter so I could use a 3/4 drive ratchet instead of the long handle. And I am going to devise something, like the plywood mentioned, to keep the load in the center of the bed - but if most of the material is centered when loaded, the leftover is only a couple minutes of work.

-Eric