maximum slope in degree (uphill ) for skid steer loaders

/ maximum slope in degree (uphill ) for skid steer loaders #1  

javierPerez

Which is the maximum slope in degree (uphill ) for skid steer loaders (75 Hp) with the bucket fully loaded to minimize stress on the engine. I have to make a ramp to doad aggregate bins.And do not have a lot of spase. please help me, thanks

/ maximum slope in degree (uphill ) for skid steer loaders #2  
it should be listed in the owners manual, or the dealer should know the limit for that machine

/ maximum slope in degree (uphill ) for skid steer loaders #3  
The problem will be when you go to back down the slope without weight in the bucket.
If you choose to stop, you will want to roll backwards (somersault) quicker then you would think.

One of the guys we work with regularly loads his Gehl dragging the back end, but he is more of a man then I to keep operating in that position.

An actual degree I cannot tell you, but what I would do is look at a trailer I could load it on, and make it 1/2 to 2/3 that steep. Most trailers I load on are uncomfortably steep for me when loading, and I would not want to drive back and forth up them all day.

/ maximum slope in degree (uphill ) for skid steer loaders #4  
I think it is about traction, isn't it? I mean if you have chains it would be one result, slicks or R-1s another? I know I can mow horizontally across a hill at 45 degrees, but if the ground is soft maybe 35 is my limit....

/ maximum slope in degree (uphill ) for skid steer loaders #5  
It's a heart thing. When you have your heart in your mouth breathing can sometimes be difficult. Most skid steers won't flip over backwards. It just feels like it's coming over. But the counterweight will stop it.

The problem with loading skid steers frontways on trailers is you're using ramps. The tires are on the ramps. In between the ramps there is nothing for the counterweight/bottom of the tractor to contact. A flip over is very likely then.

/ maximum slope in degree (uphill ) for skid steer loaders #6  
When you have your heart in your mouth breathing can sometimes be difficult.

Been there... Rented a skid steer one time. Got the "you ever driven one of these?" - "Well no but I have a CUT tractor." - "OK, here you go" user instruction, hooked the trailer up to my truck and off I went. :cool:

First time in the seat was backing it off the trailer. Yeah, heart, stomach, liver in my mouth when it tilted back onto the ramps. :eek: Then I made it worse by being jerky on the controls and getting it to rock backwards so everything below the liver practically ended up in my pants. :eek::eek::eek:
Eventually got to solid ground without flipping the thing over backwards but I don't know how...:confused:

On the ramps is NOT a good place to learn to drive a skid steer! :eek:

WVBill

/ maximum slope in degree (uphill ) for skid steer loaders #7  
Been there, unloading my 610 when I first bought it, felt it rolling up as I back down the ramps, pulled the sticks all the way back to ride it out while I wondered why I had not installed a seat belt yet.......... Wife screaming from the side and ended up on the back engine cover,,,, Teetered for a minute not sure if I was going back or front and came down rubber side down.

Wife never did like that thing after that :D