Pole Barn plans

/ Pole Barn plans #1  

paulyny

Bronze Member
Im in need of a storage shed for 2 small tractors and some other junk. Im looking for 16 deep and 24 wide run in. I cannot find plans anywhere to those dimensions. Im handy but dont have the carpentry know how to properly design one. Any advice is much appreciated.

/ Pole Barn plans #3  
Im in need of a storage shed for 2 small tractors and some other junk. Im looking for 16 deep and 24 wide run in. I cannot find plans anywhere to those dimensions. Im handy but dont have the carpentry know how to properly design one. Any advice is much appreciated.

What kind of roof do you want? A simple flat shed roof that's slightly pitched for rain runoff? Or a more complicated barn-style roof?

I'm building a storage shed for my haying equipment.

It's a simple shed, flat roof, 20x28 ft floor plan (two 14' wide x20' deep bays), 10ft roof height sloping to 9ft.

Three rows of 4x6 posts (pressure treated) in a 3-3-5 pattern (three posts on the 10 ft elevation, three 9.5 ft posts, five 9 ft posts).

Doubled 2x12s nailed together (nail-lam) to span the 14 ft distances between posts; 2x10 nail-lams to span the 7-ft distances.

Rafters are 2x6s. Purlins and girts are 2x4s on 24 inch centers. 2x6 pressure treated base boards.

29 gauge corrugated sheet metal siding (3 sides) and roof. Siding/roofing nailed to the purlins and girts with special nails that have plastic collars to prevent leaks.

Use Simpson 4x6 post bases embedded in concrete (18"x18"x18" pour for each post footing) and Simpson T and L ties to attach the beams to the posts.

Use Simpson joist hangers to attach the rafters to the beams.

Need hot dipped galvanized bots and nails for use with the pressure treated posts.

3" thick road base gravel (3/4" crusher run) for the floor. Laid in 1" thick lifts. Each lift watered and rolled.

Total cost: $3200 for materials