Brush hogging what to charge per hour?

/ Brush hogging what to charge per hour? #31  
Someone wanting a 1/4 , 1/2 or 1 acre block wont pay the $200 first hour minimum , the only way is to line up several jobs in the area as i do and cut them on the same day . The transport cost will be divided among them or you may find like i do that you can bear the cost yourself as you have made a pretty good proffit for the day .

/ Brush hogging what to charge per hour? #32  
I charge 42 dollars per hr labor and 16-20 dollars per hr. for the tractor have a Kubota 7510. Digging post holes I add 15 per hr most times, carrying dirt 15 or so, Brush hogging might be a little more due to risks of things flying like the softball size rock that flew into a well traveled road between two cars last summer, yah, yah you all know, stuff like that. Noone was hurt or anything but got me thinking of new prices.

/ Brush hogging what to charge per hour? #33  
how much would you bid on a highway job bush hoggin an trash pick up an weed eating

/ Brush hogging what to charge per hour? #34  
50$ /hr with a 5 ft behind 42 hp. Clock based off hour meter in tractor from when I turn the key. I break down on my $, I move junk out of the way on theirs.

/ Brush hogging what to charge per hour? #35  
Down here in South Texas I was charging $50 a hour and did pretty good 2 years ago and even when fuel was $4.50 a gallon. now Im chargeing $35.00 a hour and I got more business than I can handle at times. I use a Kubota L4400 and 6ft Rhino mower. Right now Im at 305hrs and I would say 220hrs of that is paid hours and thats just doing weekend work. Other people are charging $70 or more but I know thier not getting the work due to I keep getting thier nasty emails saying im under cutting the going rate for the area. If I can make $250 after fuel for tractor and my truck I figure thats fair enough for what ever work im doing with my tractor. And several times I end up getting paid more anyway due to when someone quotes them a price around $800.00 and Im going to due it for $425.00 or so several times I have been given a extra $100 or $150... Im just part time and thats the way I like it.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Brush hogging what to charge per hour? #36  
I do lots and baby farms with a 27hp tractor and a 5 foot mower. I get $45 per hour for most and $55-60 if it is rough. I get $1.50 per mile transport fee starting on mile five(Gives me some room to work with my neighbors). I charge the same rate for loader work or grading or for that matter if I fire up the chain saw. I do price some by the job, but I find I usually don't make the same return. It does let me take my time and on some jobs that is the way to go. My one bit of advise would be to smile and walk away from that job that is dangerous or will tear up your machinery.

/ Brush hogging what to charge per hour? #37  
I charge $75 per acre. If it is real rough land, has bushes and has not been brush-hogged before, then I add a little money onto the total price.