Replacment cover for fabric building

/ Replacment cover for fabric building #1  

plaindave

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
The cover on my Shelter Logic building gave up in last nights snowfall. Ripped about a 6 foot opening right where it was seamed. Tried to use some gorilla tape on it to hold together, but not likely to work, the fabric is wet so it just isn't sticking. I can't complain too much as it was the lowest grade fabric and it did last 6 winters.

I was thinking that I could just get one of those big silver tarps from Harbor Freight and lace it up over the top to get through the winter, but then wondered if there were any better ideas out there. I can't afford to put up a building this year like I had planned (unemployed in Michigan - can't get much worse than that), but they aren't that heavy of a fabric and I hate to waste money.

Ideas?

/ Replacment cover for fabric building #2  
You could do that. You can also buy a grommet kit at the same place and add more gommets to make it easier to attach, too. You can also cut the plastic tarps with a either a hot knife or a hot blade attachment in a soldering gun and it will fuse the edge where you cut it.

You might also price tarps at tarpsplus.com

/ Replacment cover for fabric building #4  
I covered a big wood pile with on of those HF silver tarps and it only lasted 1 year just so you know

/ Replacment cover for fabric building #5  
Does Shelter Logic sell replacement tarps all set to go? Price prohibitive?

/ Replacment cover for fabric building
I called Shelter-Logic. It's cheaper to buy a new building. Go figure.

Right now cost is the main issue for me. Well, mostly. It's also winter and I've got 12" of new snow on it from the storm on Friday. So I'm looking at fast too. The inside is starting to have more tape on it than fabric.

I'm thinking that I'm going with a HF tarp. Everybody's seems about the same. I guess if I get one winter out of it I'll have to call it good and in the meantime save up for a replacement cover from Farmtek. They look to be quite a bit heavier than the ones from Shelter logic.

/ Replacment cover for fabric building #8  
here is a link that you may find helpful. Harpster Canopies - Home of High Quality Canopies and Canopy Accessories My wife has some family that work there. I don't have a dime in the recommendation, but at a family gathering they were telling people how much business they did after a hurricane. I guess people were covering their houses with these things (tarps).

I don't know how good they are, and I don't know how much they are. But I can tell you one thing, it is a small town business that is family owned, and employs people in the slow times and the hectic times. I checked their site, and they do have replacment tarps, and some clearance tarps. I'd call and talk to diane, it's my wife's aunt. Maybe they can help you out, maybe they won't.

Last edited: