50 acres of High tensile

/ 50 acres of High tensile #1  

Gizmo36

Platinum Member
I am fencing in 50 acres of High tensile . Well it is 196 acres but I am only doing 50 acres at a time. I am going to take some pictures as I go .I am not trying to make it pretty . Just trying to put up a fence and I am slow.

Attachments

• PICT0038.jpg
    PICT0038.jpg
    698.9 KB · Views: 337
  • PICT0179.jpg
    PICT0179.jpg
    846.8 KB · Views: 389
  • PICT0181.jpg
    PICT0181.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 342
   / 50 acres of High tensile
More pictures

Attachments

• PICT0183.jpg
    PICT0183.jpg
    598.6 KB · Views: 250
  • PICT0185.jpg
    PICT0185.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 323
  • PICT0187.jpg
    PICT0187.jpg
    967.4 KB · Views: 349
   / 50 acres of High tensile #3  
I would consider using some diagonal brace wire to keep the corner post from rising, and it will also keep your brace and cross post tight.

Attachments

• Front wall 9-10-08 004.jpg
    Front wall 9-10-08 004.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 414
   / 50 acres of High tensile #4  
Mighty fine looking to me. Keep the pictures coming.

Bentwrench I am going to put some diagonal on them . I am just slow to getting there thank you dabear.

/ 50 acres of High tensile #6  
Your cedar crossbraces look solid. I would say you are off to a good start.
When you put your diagonal brace wires on, consider runming them both ways >< that way you can pull your wire from both directions.

/ 50 acres of High tensile #7  
Looks great sure wish I had cedars around my place to use for corners and braces. Seems like everything here in florida either eats wood or rots it..............

/ 50 acres of High tensile #8  
Do you have any idea on how long the cedar is going to last?

I have piles, and I mean piles of ceder. And more that have to be cut up due to snow/ice damage. I see some cedar fences but they all seem to be falling down. I don't know how long the fences have been up though, 1 year or 50 years.

Later,
Dan

/ 50 acres of High tensile #9  
Do you have any idea on how long the cedar is going to last?

I have piles, and I mean piles of ceder. And more that have to be cut up due to snow/ice damage. I see some cedar fences but they all seem to be falling down. I don't know how long the fences have been up though, 1 year or 50 years.

Later,
Dan
Debarking the cedar will help longevity. Bark will come off with a 2500 psi pressure washer if you let freshcuts season for 6mo. Green takes more pressure.
larry

Weldingisfun I am on some , That is a nice Billy in your picture. That is what the fence is far I want one that looks like that. Firemen122 I have about 10 acres in cedars. Dmccart I have some that has been in the ground for 40 years and they are ok. They need a good heart to last long. Spyderlk I did not know that I will keep some back and try that. I started to get a sawmill and cut them up square .