Pole Barn advice

/ Pole Barn advice #11  
I just got my updated quote today. They are quoting me a 40x60x10 gambrel loft barn for just under 40k.

6x6x14 posts
treated kickboard
2x4 framing 24" oc
2x6 rafters
steel roof with osb sub
steel siding with osb sub
steel trim
2 - 12x10 split doors
1 - 10x10 split door
3/4" plywood tongue&groove floor in loft (full 40x60 loft)
60'x12' lean to on one side
LVL beams to span one 20'x40' section of my barn (I needed an area w/o any poles)

I haven't been able to find anyone else willing to build a loft barn with a full loft. Everyone wants to use loft trusses which virtually eliminates over half of your space.

I have gotten quotes from other builders for basically tall pole barns (ie 14' walls) with 20' lofts in both ends and a 20 foot open section in the middle, but they are all around the same price as durabilt but w/o a full loft.

If anyone knows of another company, I would love to be able to get some other quotes.

/ Pole Barn advice #12  
My barn is built! No concrete yet, figured I would wait until the ground settles a little more. Gutters will be added next week. Overall I'm pleased with it, though there were a few bumps in the road. If anyone wants more details, I'll be happy to give them. I will post a pic of the barn sometime next week.

/ Pole Barn advice #13  
Someone on TBN the other day mentioned Menards for pole barns.

/ Pole Barn advice #14  
When I built one of my pole barns I also waited for the concrete until it was built and then used the base boards as the form ..You might want to be sure to have enough help on hand with floats if you are having a cement truck show up - It wore me out and I had my father in law and son helping and they both were dragging toward the end. We finished it and it turned out great...we had reinforcing wire down and a vapor barrier before the pour. GL