32" Doug Fir stump - Do I have a chance of success?

/ 32" Doug Fir stump - Do I have a chance of success? #31  
Congratulations :) After you get it out you see there wasn't much holding it, it's amazing what those tiny little roots hold!

Was that a rental machine? I can't believe it was able to lift that monster!

JB.

/ 32" Doug Fir stump - Do I have a chance of success?
snip...

Was that a rental machine? I can't believe it was able to lift that monster!

JB.

No rental. It was purchased last fall. Took about 8 hours of seat time.

I'm real glad I went with the 110 instead of the 46BH for my 2520!

/ 32" Doug Fir stump - Do I have a chance of success? #35  
Good job.

Is that a Deere thumb on the hoe?

How do you like it? When I bought my thumb, the rumors going around were that the Deere thumbs were soft and not as durable as some others.

I got an Addington thumb, and while it has worked out well so far, I am somewhat disappointed in that there is a pin, maybe 2" in diameter which must be replaced with a longer one to give a pivot point for the thumb. The Deere thumb which came out was harder than a banker's heart. The one Addington supplied was the right diameter, but was a much softer steel, and did not have the same quality of finish.

/ 32" Doug Fir stump - Do I have a chance of success?
Good job.

Is that a Deere thumb on the hoe?

How do you like it? When I bought my thumb, the rumors going around were that the Deere thumbs were soft and not as durable as some others.

I got an Addington thumb, and while it has worked out well so far, I am somewhat disappointed in that there is a pin, maybe 2" in diameter which must be replaced with a longer one to give a pivot point for the thumb. The Deere thumb which came out was harder than a banker's heart. The one Addington supplied was the right diameter, but was a much softer steel, and did not have the same quality of finish.

Yes, that is a Deere Thumb. I have not done any hardness testing. It seems to function just fine. But then, I really only had today to have a use for it so far.

And the seat time was actually less for the stump. Part of that time, I had to carefully dig the phone line and re-route it out of the way.

/ 32" Doug Fir stump - Do I have a chance of success? #37  
Congrat's on the victory. A word of caution,try to load the loader arms abit more evenly. I had a similar job with a trio of white oaks and common stump. You want to see a massive taproot. I lifted the rootball with my forks and the weight was mostly on one loader arm. As I tried to load it into my dump trailer the uneven load almost tipped me sideways. Luckily I felt it an was very low to the ground. Now I use my grapple so I can just grab the load where I need to not where the forks fit.

Matt:D