Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

Default Re: Where to get large diameter PVC pipe or tubing

I don't know about the pond liner, but the rubber roofing (I have some) would not work as a slide. Not unless it was close to verticle. It is not slippery - at least dry. Maybe oiled up it might work, but that gets a little kinky.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Irrigatio/sprinkler, and underground utility companies deal in plastic pipe the size you need.

Soundguy

Tractor
    Kubota L3650/AC B210

I'm not sure, but I think the pond liner and rubber roll roofing are about the same material, aren't they? (EPDM?)

SHF

Tractor
    1999 Kubota B1700HSD

I had a similar idea last year and talked to a sprinkler/irrigation company. They wanted $400 for a 12' piece of abs pipe (I think it was 18" dia).
    Cheaper to buy a roto-molded slide from a playset supply company, similar price but you get a nicer looking finished product.

Tractor
    Kubota L3200, Ford 1210

We did a state prison job a while back, and they had two different types of "rubber roofing". One was the Firestone or Carlisle EPDM black stuff you see all over the place. But on the kitchen roof, the roofing was white in color, and more slippery than snot on a doorknob. We went on this flat roof a few times, and it was real slippery even from dew in the early AM. I was on it once when there was some slushy snow, and it was a challenge to stay on my feet. The contractor said it was a different composition because the black material wasn't as resistant to the grease that would end up there from the kitchen exhaust h fans....................chim

Tractor
    2001 TN65, 1951 8N Ford

I don't know how you'd connect them but you could find a few of those 55 gallon plastic drums. Split them from top to bottom and heat weld them some way. I see them for sale around here on the side of the road for around $15 or so each.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Long/Landtrac360DTC

We have a water slide at our "Over the Hill" party every summer. We use a long narrow tarp, can't remember where we got it. See attached pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2000 New Holland TC29D with 7308 FEL, and top & tilt. 1950 John Deere B. 1940 Farmall A.

Thanks for the ideas. Now that I have some ideas to look for, I'll have to get to some places and start looking at what they have.

Tractor
    MF 165, Kioti 2554

At our church camp, we used mine conveyor belting. They change it out fairly often and roll it up. When wet, it becomes very slick. If the curves are gradual enough, you can even put banked turns in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12