Any one got ideas for a small 12' long by 8' wide storage shed?

/ Any one got ideas for a small 12' long by 8' wide storage shed? #1  

deereboy72

Silver Member
any plans you have that your willing to share?

Thanks ahead of time :)

/ Any one got ideas for a small 12' long by 8' wide storage shed? #2  
Shipping container??:D

Chances are there will be a plethora of plans available if you do a Goggle search.:D

/ Any one got ideas for a small 12' long by 8' wide storage shed? #3  
Around here you cant even by the materials one that size for the price of the roll off ones built by the Amish guys.

tom

/ Any one got ideas for a small 12' long by 8' wide storage shed? #4  
Chances are there will be a plethora of plans available if you do a Goggle search.:D

yep..pretty cool little shed:D:D
shed.jpg

/ Any one got ideas for a small 12' long by 8' wide storage shed? #5  
I had about 1200 dollars in material to build a 12x16 shed with 2 ft. o/c 2x4 8 ft. walls and a gabeled roof. If you're gonna hire someone to build it you're prolly looking at at least twice that. So a factory built shed might be cheaper as tommu56 stated.

/ Any one got ideas for a small 12' long by 8' wide storage shed? #7  
And 8 x 12 metal building was here when I bought the place; one door, one window, plywood floor makes a very nice garden tool/lawn equipment/scrap lumber storage building.

Attachments

• PB290002.JPG
    PB290002.JPG
    395.8 KB · Views: 1,948
   / Any one got ideas for a small 12' long by 8' wide storage shed? #8  
Go to this site:
Just Sheds Inc. actually has " FREE SHED PLANS "
They offer free plans for a small 8x10 shed. They sell plans for many sizes and styles too, and give free supply lists and construction guides for all the plans on the site without ordering the full plans. The plans aren't expensive though, so if you can't use all the free info to design your own you could order plans for the exact shed you want. I found the site to be very helpful when I was designing a shed.

/ Any one got ideas for a small 12' long by 8' wide storage shed? #9  
I built a 14 x 10 shed for $1,800. The Amish in my area couldn't come close to building one that size for that price. I checked a couple years prior. And the prefabbed ones aren't near as solid and still cost more. (I used 3/4" plywood, 2x6's, 2x4's, 4x4's, the thicker T111, studs 16" 0C, trimmed, shingled, facia metal, the whole nine yards)
I vote for building one yourself. Walk around a HD and check theirs out to get some ideas.

/ Any one got ideas for a small 12' long by 8' wide storage shed? #10  
Depending on local regulations - check truck junk yards for a box truck box. Usually fairly cheap, can be delivered by ramp truck, often have rollup door & some have side doors. Weather proof to 80 mph+. In some areas non taxable as motor vehicle parts vs building, in some areas prohibbited for the same reason. More rugged than most sheds. MikeD74T