Pole building Estimates

/ Pole building Estimates #1  

SOS

Silver Member
Tractor
NH 45 A (2006)
I'm starting to think about a having a pole building built for my tractor, riding and push lawnmowers, some attachments, and other man toys but with all projects this must start with permission from "she who must be obeyed."

So with that said, I need about a 24 by 36 by 10 feet high pole building and was wonder what people have paid for their pole building so I can have some point of reference. :confused:

Also, I was thinking that I would start with just the roof and a gravel floor and later add sides, doors, and possibly a concrete floor.

/ Pole building Estimates #2  
I'm starting to think about a having a pole building built for my tractor, riding and push lawnmowers, some attachments, and other man toys but with all projects this must start with permission from "she who must be obeyed."

So with that said, I need about a 24 by 36 by 10 feet high pole building and was wonder what people have paid for their pole building so I can have some point of reference. :confused:

Also, I was thinking that I would start with just the roof and a gravel floor and later add sides, doors, and possibly a concrete floor.

You really should put at least a few sides on for strength.

/ Pole building Estimates
I could go with 3 sides and finish the front on my own schedule.

/ Pole building Estimates #5  
I had one put up last year 20 x 24 with floor 18" eves closed in and extended gables all closed in and 8x 10 door and man door and some othe rstuff it was in the $11,000 you do have to take in the area you live in for priceing too.

I had looked at 3 contractors and the first wanted it done their way no extended gabels or overhang one didnt want to do floor (told me to do it or sub it out)

The third guy said no problem with any of it and it came out great just what I wanted and the wife was even happerier than I thought she would be.

Do the floor I know 3 guys that were going to doo floor later and like it hasen't gotten done one has beeen over 15 years.

I cut the size of my building to to get the floor done but made sure we could add a shead to each side later when I ran out of space.

My only reget was I should have gone to 12ft so the shead sides would be taller with the same pitch when I do them.

tom

Last edited:
   / Pole building Estimates #6  
The price for materials for a 36' wide by 45' long with 14' sides was just over
$6K. That was with two sliding doors on each end. Figure in another $5K plus to have it put up. Concrete floors are VERY expensive. You will almost double the cost of the structure by adding them.

/ Pole building Estimates #7  
Do you plan on building it yourself??

I did just what you are talking about. First year, 3-sides and a roof w/dirt floors. Second year, Finished front w/4 9 x 8 garage doors, 1 window, 100amp wiring, and concreted 30 x 30 of the 30 x 50. Third year, built a wall in the middle to seperate the 30 x 30 with the rest, put a floor above the 30 x 30, and insulated.

If you plan to do it yourself it has many benifits.
1. Sence of accomplishment
2. You can build it exactally how you want it, and not a fixed package deal
3. You can build it as you get the money, not pay all at once
4. Save a lot of money

I have $10,200 total on my 30 x 50, You can do it much cheaper, as my walls are 13ft along with a sisscor truss to have an upstairs, and 4 garage doors are expensive.

By far the single biggest expense in your building is going to be metal siding and roofing. $3600 is what I have in metal, which is about 1/3 the total cost.

If you DIY I thing you could have a 3-sided building with dirt/gravel floors the size you want for under $4000.

/ Pole building Estimates #8  
I just bought a Cleary Pole building. Its 30 x 40 x 10 high with an insulated 8x16' overhead door, a walk door, ridge light, 1 foot overhang and soffits, sealed up at all edges via filler strips and wood. The cost of the building complete and erected (less floor) is $12,200

The 4" concrete for mine with an 8' apron (rebar on 3' centers) is $3600. and I also need to pay for some fill and bobcat work which will add about $600.

I hope this helps.

/ Pole building Estimates #9  
I built my own from a kit at Menards. it is 36x48 with a 10' overhang for the trailer. 12' walls 2 - 12' doors and 3 - 4' doors. One man door and 2 windows for 13,500. So If you are not putting any doors on it and only doing 3 sides you could get away with 8k or less pretty easy.

Attachments

• P1011707.JPG
    P1011707.JPG
    612.7 KB · Views: 755
   / Pole building Estimates #10  
I built a 30X60 pole barn as a workshop, garage, and storage in Oct. 08. What I learned about this process:
1. You can never have too much space.
2. Build the biggest you can afford.
3. Absolutely-- install a concrete floor.
4. Insulate during the build, not later. So much easier and cheaper.
5. Let your builder install as much as possible (think quantity buying).

I know you can save a lot of bucks if you build it yourself. I would have loved to build my shop myself, but realistically & time wise that was not possible. So. I chose to save in other ways such as doing the electrical myself and installing other items as needed (door openers etc.).
One benefit--enough wood left over to build storage shelving across the entire back wall and a 36' corner workbench.
My shop is still evolving, but I like how its worked out so far. Temperatures were about 20 degrees warmer inside during the winter. It should do OK during warmer weather too.
Initial cost came in at approximately $22,000. That's a lot of initial outlay, but worth it for our situation. My wife and I just rearranged our finances to make the project fit our needs. Some other projects will just have to wait longer. Good luck! Mike.

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 1,113
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 607