Broccoli Plants getting eaten

/ Broccoli Plants getting eaten #1  

Knight

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400
I suspect a woodchuck. I have seen one around. I have a fence, but he maybe getting through. How do I get rid of him, no guns there are other houses around.

/ Broccoli Plants getting eaten #2  
I suspect a woodchuck. I have seen one around. I have a fence, but he maybe getting through. How do I get rid of him, no guns there are other houses around.

You could make some cages out of the small hole chicken wire.

/ Broccoli Plants getting eaten #3  
I can't help you with your problem but I can't pass up a chance to show how my plants turned out this spring! brag,brag,brag!! And they were delicious! ;)

Attachments

• 000_0675.jpg
    000_0675.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 2,158
   / Broccoli Plants getting eaten #4  
You might try sprinkling the plants with cayenne pepper. That trick works well for keeping squirrels out of the bird seed so it might work for keeping a critter off of your broccoli. I wouldn't put it on anything but the leaves, though. The family might not enjoy spicey broccoli!

/ Broccoli Plants getting eaten #5  
perhaps a mix of garlic, cayanne or other hot pepper. if deer, add eggs and let it ferment a few days. strain, and spray.

i favor the .22 method if it's a varmint, though. once they find a food source, they are hard to deter. you might also try a live trap and then haul whatever you catch about 10 miles away.

amp

/ Broccoli Plants getting eaten #6  

When you find the woodchuck, thank him for it, and keep him downwind. :D