New shop project

/ New shop project #1  

Rice Rider

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400 HST 4WD
I've been working on getting a level pad for a new 25 x 30 wood shop and tractor storage on the property. I could not have done it without the back hoe. I've most likely dug out enough rocks to build a nice sized house from. I think we will use most of them by making slip form walls around the property. Now if I could just stop the rain for a few weeks, I could get the foundation dug. Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• Picture 455.jpg
    Picture 455.jpg
    564.5 KB · Views: 253
  • Picture 456.jpg
    Picture 456.jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 214
  • Picture 389.jpg
    Picture 389.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 212
  • Picture 457.jpg
    Picture 457.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 236
   / New shop project #2  
Man! Thats alot of tractor work there. I gripe when I have to take down trees and dig out stumps to build something. The backhoe is a nice tool to have. A Case 580 CK was the first tactor I bought to clear some land. Payed for it self the first year. I like that thumb. I need to make one of those some day.

/ New shop project #3  
that's a lot of seat time......

as i always tell my wife, it's a lot better than a shovel!:eek:;)

/ New shop project #5  
Will be interested if you will have a "weeping" problem on the hill with water seepage and what you may be planning to do about it?

/ New shop project #6  
That looks like a very nice area for a house , Even Your dirts perty :D . . Great pics , looking forward to the Progress . Bob

/ New shop project
I still have to cut back about 11 more inches into the hill side to get the full 15 foot setback the county demands. I am planning on a French drain to move the water away from the shop and head it down to a holding tank. I'll have the guy who will be digging the footers (my backhoe will not reach down far enough on the downhill side)feather the top edge down a bit and I'll be working on building two six foot terraces with 6 x 6 PT timber or using some of those rocks to make a slip form wall reinforced with rebar. The slip form wall will be more expensive in time and labor but it will last longer and I'll be able to use some of the rocks. I'm also thinking that I should put smaller 4 inch French drains on each terrace and tie that into the 6 inch line so I don't end up with water spilling over the edge when we get a gully washer.

/ New shop project #8  
Sounds like fun. It sows you that a shovel doesnt cut it.

/ New shop project #9  
How is the shop going??