Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B7510HSD(sold) B3200(new 6/15/09)

Default Hobby farm troubles

My day did not start off too well this morning. I was shaving before work and the wife came down all frantic asking what was up with the pig. I opened the front door to hear him screaming. I ran all over the house trying to locate a gun that I could find bullets for. Man is it difficult to think when in a situation. I found the shot gun and some shells and ran out in the rain soaked lawn in socks and the bear was running off I fired into the air to spook it figuring all was well. I went back to check on the pig and he was cut up in good shape. I had to call a friend to come slauter it. I showed the wife how to shoot the gun again in case the bear came back but was sure it was gone for today. Two hours latter I get a call the bear was back. I ran home (work next door) and wife had my hunting rifle waiting for me this time and I capped that bear. I called fish and game and they came and checked things out and gave me a tag for the bear. I was in such a rush I never got pics of bear on tractor but I used it to retrieve the bear and hang the pig for slauter.
    The first two pics are of our healthy pig and the last two of cut up pig. pics of bear next post,
    Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hobby farm troubles-dcfc0118-jpg   Hobby farm troubles-dcfc0120-jpg   Hobby farm troubles-dcfc0127-jpg   Hobby farm troubles-dcfc0128-jpg  
    b3200, 60" land pride finish mower, 3pt log spitter, pallet forks, lawn sweeper, bottom plow, Loader mounted snow plow, 3pt quick hitch.

Tractor

Default Re: Hobby farm troubles

here is the pics of the bear hanging in my garage.
    Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hobby farm troubles-dcfc0121-jpg  
    b3200, 60" land pride finish mower, 3pt log spitter, pallet forks, lawn sweeper, bottom plow, Loader mounted snow plow, 3pt quick hitch.

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.

Sour start of day indeed.
    Looks to be male??..hope others bears take the hint to keep clear.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

On the positive side,

that bear hide should cover the financial loss of the pig. Certainly not your "normal" commuter type day!

Elite Member
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    (B2620, had BX22) Simplicity Legacy w/48" mmm

Rob, sorry for the loss of your pig, but you sure don't need that agressive bear around either! I'm glad it all worked out OK for you. We are having more of a bear problem down this way too. Too many folks think it's cute to see them lying in a pile of bird seed. We have Russian Boar get out of the local big game preserve too sometimes, but they tend to just tear up the yard more than anything else.
    B2620,Loaded R-4's , Wallenstein BX42 chipper, Bush Hog SQ148 RC, 4' x 8' chain harrow, Blizzard 54" 3PT snowblower, Tirechains. com v-bar duo grip chains (hate them), Simplicity Legacy with 48"mmm, turbo collector, Country Line carry all, Countryline Middlebuster, Woods 48" BB, Kubota QA for loader, Kubota forks, Kuhn EL23 rototiller, and more to come...

Tractor
    Kubota M 6800; Kubota B 2710; Gator; Bushhog ZTR; Volvo Mini Excavator EC45, Ferris ZTR and John Deere 5525 tractor

Be very thankful it was a pig and not one of you or a child. Do you have any barking dogs? Would that help?
    Jeremiah 2:11a "Has a nation changed its gods, Which are not gods?

Tractor
    New Holland TC35D w/ 16LA FEL

I am surprised that the NH Fish & Game acknowledged the problem and gave you tag for the bear instead of wanting to know what the pig did to the bear to make the bear so mad.
    I am sorry for the loss of your pig but am sure glad you gave the bear what for.

Tractor
    Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe

Yikes

Glad you got that bad old bear, NOBODY needs an aggressive bear around. Sorry to hear about the poor pig, it was pretty cut up. Awful thing but if you had not got the bear you'd be worried sick, not to mention the wife!
    God Bless our brave men, bring them home, safe again.

Tractor

My biggest problem is that the farm I work for has a corn field right behind my house and bear are every where. The owner loves bear and does not want them hunted. After I shot the bear it made its way into the field and I had to go find it and drag it out. I am some glad I made a good shot so it did not go far.
    As far as barking dogs to scare off the bear I dont think my wifes dog is going to do it. Our old basset had a lot better bark to him but he passed away just before christmas.
    Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hobby farm troubles-dcfc0095-jpg   Hobby farm troubles-dcfc0112-jpg   Hobby farm troubles-sabrina-pikers-144-jpg   Hobby farm troubles-sabrina-pikers-006-jpg  

Bronze Member
    Montgomery Co. Arkansas, 34.357183,-93.67085
    Tractor
    2008 Massey Ferguson 1540

Quote Originally Posted by NH-Rob View Post
    I dont think my wifes dog is going to do it.Rob
    Karelian Bear Dog, Jody and Fred Vos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast