T-Posts or Cedar Posts in Bulk

/ T-Posts or Cedar Posts in Bulk #1  

Dave5264

Gold Member
Tractor
08 Montana C5264, 2011 McCormick CX100 XS
anyone in Ontario Canada know of a good source for cheap Fence posts.

I paid $7 per post for Cedar to do my horse padocks this spring, but next spring i plan on fencing alot of pasture and may need 500 posts or more. at $7 per post thats alot of $.

Im open to using Metal T posts or Cedar posts.

/ T-Posts or Cedar Posts in Bulk #2  
I pay $5 per wood post here. You can't get T-posts any cheaper, or any other kind of post for that matter.

/ T-Posts or Cedar Posts in Bulk #3  
In Grey County we pay $6.00 per cedar post in lots of 100 delivered. Quality 7' steel posts sell for more than $6.00.

/ T-Posts or Cedar Posts in Bulk
Thanks for the Reply's, $6 is pretty good for a Cedar Post, Ive not found any at that price as yet.

/ T-Posts or Cedar Posts in Bulk #5  
The guy I get my posts from is South of Durham on HWY 6. If you like, I'll dig up his phone number and PM you. You are most likely outside of his delivery area but might still be worth giving him a call.

/ T-Posts or Cedar Posts in Bulk #6  
come on over and get all the cedar post you want for free.(60mile west of St.Louis,Mo.) i have around 300 on the ground right now i had over 600 down and still have more than you will ever need standing. the wife uncle has come and got 3 truck loads all ready. i clear out that fence line and cleared the center out for about a 2 acre pound.
if not they will be burnt with the stumps

The guy I get my posts from is South of Durham on HWY 6. If you like, I'll dig up his phone number and PM you. You are most likely outside of his delivery area but might still be worth giving him a call.

Sure, Ill take the number, can you PM it to me ? I have a place in Innisfil as well so that may be closer for delivery then i can lug them up form there.

thanks

/ T-Posts or Cedar Posts in Bulk #8  
If you can help it, don't use t-posts for a horse fence. I have seen too many injuries involving those things.

/ T-Posts or Cedar Posts in Bulk #9  
Agree with the horse caution. They do make "tops" that fit over a tpost to make it more blunt but still scary.

If you can help it, don't use t-posts for a horse fence. I have seen too many injuries involving those things.

Good Advice, thanks. I preferr Cedar for sure, for this reason as well as looks.

I use Tposts today for Temporary fencing of short term paddocks, and i do worry a bit about safety.

i have one run of permanent fencing still to do, where rocks are hit and miss..Tposts are easily pulled out if i hit a rock and moved a bit...cedar not so much (i use a pounder). Ive thought about angling the Tposts Out about 10 degrees in this section to Up the safety factor, along with Caps. what are your thoughts on that approach?