Looking for Amish Builders

/ Looking for Amish Builders #1  

Believer

Silver Member
Does anyone know an Amish barn builder (like a pole barn) in eastern Kansas? I couldn't find anything on the internet search. Thanks.

/ Looking for Amish Builders #2  
Does anyone know an Amish barn builder (like a pole barn) in eastern Kansas? I couldn't find anything on the internet search. Thanks.
That's because the kerosene powered computers aren't fast enough to connect with the internet!:D:eek: Sorry, I could not resist.:eek:
Any way good luck in your search. We have several Amish builders around NW PA. They also saw all their own lumber, mostly eastern hemlock.

/ Looking for Amish Builders #3  

Not that this helps you in your search but good choice in a builder. We have many Amish barn/shed/furniture builders here in southern Maryland and they do great work fast. On my farm, I have a 2 stall/tack room mini barn and two 12' X 24' garages all built by Amish.

/ Looking for Amish Builders #5  
Check the area South of Topeka - I don't remember if they're Amish or Mennonite, but there used to be some builders near Lyndon.
Otherwise, take a side trip to Yoder some time and see if they're willing to travel.
There are also a lot of Amish in the Joplin/Springfield/Branson area and I think more in the Cairo, Mo neighborhood.

what part of Eastern Ks are you in?

/ Looking for Amish Builders #6  
there business is mostly word of mouth but I have heard they have taken to cell phones.

Id check the rural lumber yards (you know those real lumber yards) the ones that will spec an entire pole barn package. they might have a number for some in the area.

/ Looking for Amish Builders #7  
Most of the Amish that work for me have VERY nice cellphones. I actually took one of them with me to the cell phone store to get one. They especially like the weather maps (as do I). :D

/ Looking for Amish Builders #8  
Not that this helps you in your search but good choice in a builder. We have many Amish barn/shed/furniture builders here in southern Maryland and they do great work fast. On my farm, I have a 2 stall/tack room mini barn and two 12' X 24' garages all built by Amish.

I have to echo this sentiment. I had a very Amish company build my last barn and I'm well pleased with their work and their company. I have quite a few pictures of the Amish crew of 8 handling the 82' trusses and setting them on top of 20' tall side walls on a windy day.

The crew cleaned up at the end of each day (unlike other barn builders I've used) and stood behind their work after an issue I had just over a year after they built the barn. One of the torsion springs that help raise the 16' tall overhead doors came apart when I went to open the door. Talk about scaring the heck outta me! That spring destroyed the top part of the door, tore a huge hole in my roof and shot a piece through the back wall of the barn 80' behind me. I figured I'd have an issue because it was just out of warranty and, even if they agreed to fix it, I was concerned that they'd just want to patch the roof and back wall. Instead, they never argued any. They apologized for the problem (a defect in the torsion spring) and immediately sent a crew down with new panels for the roof, back wall and a complete new door.

Good luck with your search and I hope you find a crew as good as the last guys I used.

/ Looking for Amish Builders #10  
Instead, they never argued any. They apologized for the problem (a defect in the torsion spring) and immediately sent a crew down with new panels for the roof, back wall and a complete new door.

And that, my friends, is why it matters if they're Amish.