How do you Lock your Sliding Barn Door?

/ How do you Lock your Sliding Barn Door? #1  

iplumb

Gold Member
Tractor
B2920
Looking for ideas on how to lock my sliding barn door from outside? I have no passage door so I need to lock my slider from outside. Currently has no lock. Thanks

/ How do you Lock your Sliding Barn Door? #3  
do you have a concrete apron? (i dont suppose it really matters)

one of these
barrel_bolt.jpg
oriented vertically into concrete would work (even if its just a "post hole" below the bolt)

FYI mine is secured from the inside.

/ How do you Lock your Sliding Barn Door? #4  
Be sure there is something on each end to prevent it being pulled open, even by the wind. The hasp probably will be your best option. I have seen a chain with hole drilled in the door. There is a local hardware store here who sells all kind of sliding door hardware and that was only place I could find what I wanted but that was for the inside. Some of this will depend on whether your door slides over the wall or is level with the wall or even on the inside wall.

/ How do you Lock your Sliding Barn Door? #5  
Looking for ideas on how to lock my sliding barn door from outside? I have no passage door so I need to lock my slider from outside. Currently has no lock. Thanks

Well there's your sign! :rolleyes:

/ How do you Lock your Sliding Barn Door? #6  
I have a sliding mechanism that looks like a bent rod -- hard to describe but it is specifically designed for sliding doors It holds the door closed and can be locked by a padlock if desired. I bought at TSC stores here in Canada -- different than the U.S. but they might have them if they have the sliding door track and wheels. They are called horse fooler latches. You can also use a cremone bolt which can be operated from both sides and locked from one side- they go into a top and bottom plate. -- or you can use a hasp!!

/ How do you Lock your Sliding Barn Door? #9  
some of these might work...:confused: The first one is a maine barn door lock ,,, the second is to keep the revenours out barn door latch.. the third is a keep the wife in the barn latch...

sorry I just had to,, here the barn is always open the keys in the tractor door to the house is open,, just have fun getting by the wifey with the shot gun:eek:

Attachments

• maine barn lock.jpg
    maine barn lock.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 1,637
  • revenuer keep out.jpg
    revenuer keep out.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 1,209
  • wife in barn.jpg
    wife in barn.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 707
   / How do you Lock your Sliding Barn Door?
some of these might work...:confused: The first one is a maine barn door lock ,,, the second is to keep the revenours out barn door latch.. the third is a keep the wife in the barn latch...

sorry I just had to,, here the barn is always open the keys in the tractor door to the house is open,, just have fun getting by the wifey with the shot gun:eek:

Same here. But I just finished cleaning and organizing the barn. I guess I'm getting paranoid as the economy worsens:eek: