Rocking in the front ditch

/ Rocking in the front ditch #1  

mjncad

Tractor
A couple
To make my maintenance life easier, I finally decided to rock in the front ditch. It's not a huge project; but it did give me seat time. Sorry no action pictures of the tractor mucking out the ditch or placing rock as I'm both the operator and photographer. The worst part was laying down the weed control fabric as that beat me up.

Picasa Web Albums - Matt - Front Ditch#

/ Rocking in the front ditch #4  
Very neat job and it will be awhile until you have to clean that culvert again!
Dave.

/ Rocking in the front ditch #6  
Nice work! Hope you have better luck than I with that "weed" barrier....

Granted living in the PNW... it doesn't matter much what you do... weeds seem to grow everywhere... or it's Moss.....

/ Rocking in the front ditch #7  
Nice neat work - I did the same thing to my stand on my Woods 7ft rear blade. I drove off with it down with the blade also down. I was able to staighten it out enough by pounding the s**t out of it and I can still use it.

/ Rocking in the front ditch #8  
Nice job! Can't wait to see a picture when the landscaping is done.

As far as the kickstand, i't just heat it strait and paint it yellow. Both my kickstands are bent, but they work just find. I know if I build a new one i'll bend it again.

/ Rocking in the front ditch
The weed barrier is a deterrent; but I'll still spray the rocks for weeds each spring.

As for the landscaping, I'm no gardener like my neighbors are so I keep the native vegetation mowed and that's about it. I can admire a well done landscape; but admiring and doing are two different things. My neighbors lavish great amounts of care on their yard and it shows. I'd rather spend that time and money on other stuff.

Hmmm...heating up the stand...an excuse to buy a torch with a rosebud tip maybe.

/ Rocking in the front ditch #10  
My true idea of landscaping is a green lawn; that would look great there IMO