The Log house Project begins........

/ The Log house Project begins........
#1,591  
Thanks Chad!...still a lot of work to be done. These kitchen cabinet doors(fitting the tin into each one) are really time consuming...two hands are not enough and I'm not sure if an octopus could get this done any faster. Pic's to follow......

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,592  
Congratulations on your success!!!! Love that you get to live in it now and that you did so well on your loan!!!

That inside railing is very impressive. Thanks for all the pictures and describing what you are doing. I'm inspired by your work and I've learned a lot from seeing how you do things. Especially working with cedar, which is something that I like to work with too.

As for Bosch, I consider them to be about as good as it gets in tools. I try to stock up on bits for my driver and blades when I go to Lowes because they are the only ones who sell Bosch. By far the best out there!!!!

Eddie

#1,593  
Thanks Eddie...the cedar work is fun and satisfying!

I did cheap out a bit and bought a used Bosh 1587avs on fleabay for $60. It arrived a few days ago and wow, what a difference. It actually cuts straight, smooth with zero vibration.....I should have bought one years ago:cool:

#1,594  
Cabinet door update...I have them all done. After planing down the cherry to 3/4" I ripped it to 2.5"'s, then cut out each frame:
cabinetdoors005.jpg

Then I cut a 3/16" deep kerf in them to receive the tin:
cabinetdoors013.jpg

At each corner is a #10 biscuit slot:
cabinetdoors014.jpg

#1,595  
Then I measured out each frame and cut the panel 1/4" all the way around larger:
cabinetdoors008.jpg

cabinetdoors009.jpg

The I learned something(the hard way), when cutting the tin, the left side always curls up a bit causing a wave on the edge. This was causing all my "issues" when fitting the tin, so I started turning the tin to keep the panel to the right...no curl:
cabinetdoors010.jpg

#1,596  
And better yet, the tin snips I am using were my Granfathers, they are Crescent made in USA.

Then the cut out panels went into the paint shop:
cabinetdoors012.jpg

From the paint shop to the glue and clamp shop:
cabinetdoors007.jpg

cabinetdoors006.jpg

#1,597  
The final product after a couple coats of Waterlox:
cabinetdoors004.jpg

cabinetdoors003.jpg

cabinetdoors001.jpg

I have to say it would be a toss up between my favorite wood....Cherry or Walnut...both are simply beautiful..............

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,598  
Then I measured out each frame and cut the panel 1/4" all the way around larger:

The I learned something(the hard way), when cutting the tin, the left side always curls up a bit causing a wave on the edge. This was causing all my "issues" when fitting the tin, so I started turning the tin to keep the panel to the right...no curl:

Rick,
You need a set of Aviation Snips....one pair for left and one pair for right cuts. There is a pair that cuts neutral, but I never use them.
hugs, Brandi

#1,599  
Rick,
You need a set of Aviation Snips....one pair for left and one pair for right cuts. There is a pair that cuts neutral, but I never use them.
hugs, Brandi

mmmmHmmm....NOW you tell me:laughing:

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,600  
Maybe the spray hose back into the well is to let oxygen clean the water??? The fact that whenever you are running the water it is continuously recharging some of the water in the well???

I've always wanted a polished copper counter like in a fancy bar, except I don't want to have to polish it. I hope yours stand up to abuse.
My water also smelled of sulfur. I installed an air injector in the well line before the tank and it takes care of it. My well man told me to try it. Cheap and effective.
http://www.ohiopurewater.com/shop/files/ClackPVCnotes.pdf
The only draeback to this setup is the eventual buildup of air in your storage tank. You'll have to drain it once in a while.