The Log house Project begins........

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,871  
Probably better to take it all to auto body shop and have it powdercoated and baked.

/ The Log house Project begins........
#1,872  
I have not decided what to cover the treads with, but they will get covered.

Powder coating would have been great....but I'm way too impatient for that:devil:

The sun is out, I need to flip and put on the last coat. 70 degrees here, but rain/front is about 3 hrs out...it's gonna be close
smiley-girl-biting-fingernails.gif

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,873  

Powder coating would have been great....but I'm way too impatient for that:devil:

The sun is out, I need to flip and put on the last coat. 70 degrees here, but rain/front is about 3 hrs out...it's gonna be close

Arrange with a body shop to have the final coat painted there and baked on overnight.
hugs, Brandi

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,874  
Photos. Rick, we need photos.:hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:
hugs, Brandi:us-texas::cowgirl:

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,875  

Since you have a thickness planer, saw, and router perhaps you might cover the treads with a layer of lighter contrasted wood to give the unit more of a residential look rather than a commercial drab all black metal look.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,876  
Rick, whatever you cover the treads with, keep slip resistance in mind....it would sure hurt to fall down those stairs...any stairs and I think many folks catch their heels on the tread and then tumble....

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,877  
You could have powdercoated it like Harv is doing for his fence project. They could look like wood grain.

#1,878  
I'm not really a big fan of powdercoating so the painting is already done and the parts are in the basement. We beat the rain..it held off until sometime last night. Yesterday mornings shower stippled the painted surface leaving it looking kinda cool....uuhmmm, let's call it "textured patina":)

A deformed Mastodon?
SpiralStairpainting009.jpg

All done:
SpiralStairpainting005.jpg

SpiralStairpainting007.jpg

#1,879  
SpiralStairpainting008.jpg

I even gave the 'ole trailer a new spritz of paint. I am going to give the paint a couple of days to fully cure before cutting the hole in the main floor and assembling. Lot's of thought process to get the hole in the correct place and cutting through/reinforcing the floor trusses.