The Log house Project begins........

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,941  
Nice job!
Makes me dizzy just looking at the pictures.
What's the rise between steps?

/ The Log house Project begins........
#1,942  
Gracias Senor

9" 1/16 main to basement
8" 3/4 loft to main

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,943  
I still need to build cedar rails for the loft landing and integrate it to the staircase, re-paint everything that got scuffed up, concrete anchor the base to the basement slab, build a round skirt(tube) around the staircase where it goes through the main floor to cover the trusses, finish boxing in the trusses & reinforce the underside of the main floor landing.

Which will take you what, Rick?:confused3: 3 hours?;)
hugs, Brandi

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,944  
Wow nice job, with the circle of flooring you cut out you could make a nice table. :)

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,946  
So Rick,

The end is near. A lot of blood, sweat tears and an amazing house. But what next? Granted you have more work to do but sheetrocking a basement holds no same reward as the larger project you have tackled. Are you going to be one of those guys who can never "retire" from doing projects? You have an extension or small office space you going to build down the hill? Or are you going to load the wife up on a plane, go somewhere exotic for a vacation and just try and make piece with the little details that are not to your high standard of perfection.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,949  
Rick,
I forgot to say......................I like the stair case.
hugs, Brandi

/ The Log house Project begins........
#1,950  
Wood the sad reality is that I kinda like projects. On any point on the compass here on the farm there is a project.

Some will be more fun than others...........The driveway is a mess with all the downed trees from the dozer work, the barn is only 1/3'rd done(16x80), so I need to skid out enough trees to mill up finish it to 60x80, need two foot bridges over creeks, one 20' & the other 40', a water line run from my spring down to the Quonset hut...3,000' long, there is a giant sink hole back in the woods....I want to turn it into a music amphitheater, break the two Clydesdales to pull a wagon & maybe build said wagon...oh and a sled, cut a 'wheeler trail about 1500' along a ridge, build a 100 yard shooting range, ....THE list goes on and on ;)

We do have a few places we want to see...Ireland, Italy & Australia. Inside the US it's a long trip out West hitting some of the major parks....Grand Canyon included. Other than that I am perfectly comfortable right here listening to the creek rush by on it's way to the Clinch River & Norris Lake:drink:

Zip lines are most definitely in the future.......the back porch is the prefect launching point:thumbsup: