The Log house Project begins........

/ The Log house Project begins........
#2,001  
Here ya go Kyle...this is after the second flood and was very mild compared to the first:

SnowdumpJan2013001_zps8484c3ec.jpg

SnowdumpJan2013002_zpsa09c1b0d.jpg

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,002  
Rick,

Friday morning when I arrived at my car, the doors were frozen shut. I couldn't open them without fear of damaging the door gaskets. So I stayed home Friday.

Obed

Try putting some ArmorAll or WD40 on your gaskets the day before an ice storm is forecast.

Or take a day off :D

#2,003  
I like the day off option the most......oh wait, I'm retired, I have every day off:muted:

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,004  
Hey Rick - I just noticed you cracked 2000 posts on your thread.... Congrats!

#2,005  
Jeeze that's a lot of yappin'.......................

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,006  
Hopefully, you can send some of that rainfall down this way so you don't have to keep mending fence. I'd appreciate it. :)

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,007  
That is an awesome looking house, both outside and inside from the pics anyway.:thumbsup:
As for 'Puddles', it is a Chev, Chevs and Harleys are always marking their territory. :laughing:

#2,008  
Thanks Look, I have been cutting holes in the floor today for six 4x14" registers. Trying to get the heat a little more even up from the basement.

I have not taken the time yet to pull Puddles's pliugs & do a compression test...maybe this week since it's going to be in the 60's.

#2,009  
Knocking out little stuff here. Cutting holes in the floor & dropping in the vent registers...4 done 3 more to go. In case your wondering they are 4x14 & will not fit EastWest between the joists, so they all have to go NorthSouth. All ended up parallel to a wall except for this one:
potrackampvents009_zps20856d76.jpg

potrackampvents008_zpsa5256e56.jpg

#2,010  
We really needed a pot rack, so I scavenged this old bedspring from a small abandoned "dump" on the backside of our property. I pressure washed it, then sprayed Krylon clearcoat on it, wired it to two old 3/4" iron water pipes placed across the tie poles:
potrackampvents002_zpsc28c5030.jpg

potrackampvents006_zps10a9d8a0.jpg

I used scraps of copper electrical wire to make hangers attached to some cast iron monkeys that are the pot hooks:
potrackampvents012_zpse34d7257.jpg