Page 203 of 230 FirstFirst ... 103153193200201202203204205206213 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2293
    Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

Default Re: The Log house Project begins........

Oh Dave....pull the engine? Mmmmmmmmmhhh, yes probably should/I agree. But, the thing was doing a heck of a job pushing 10,000lbs of "loaded" camper van while trying to burn coolant fluid in 4 out of 8 cylinders. I hope I don't regret it, but I already have the manifold & heads out. I think I found the problem...half of the manifold bolts were not tight. More than likely it does not even need a valve job, but they will get done because I want to replace the head gasket. One thing leads to another and based on time and $ one has to say "stop"
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro
    1978 Sling Blade/wood handle

Tractor
    Oliver 1855, Case 1840, Cub 1550

At least you found the source of your leak.

Dave

Gold Member

Was there no sign of coolant coming out of the exhaust? A head gasket leak would have surely shown that symptom. I would have the heads magna fluxed to be sure there isnt a crack while you have them out.

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by tnmike View Post
    I would have the heads magna fluxed to be sure there isnt a crack while you have them out.
    Ditto,
    hugs, Brandi

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

No there was never any white or black smoke. Nothing at cold start up but once warmed up if I held high rpm(3-3500) then let up quickly I could see a wisp of a puff of black, then it would go away as soon as the rpm's dropped.

I think it has several places leaking, valve guide seals, valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket & a rear main that may only be leaking under load. I think the CAT has been catching most of that oil that was getting past the valves so I will have to take a look at it too.

Plans are to magnaflux, but they might change pending funds. I second guess myself about the heads since the compression is great so I might just check the bolt torque on them and do a top end gasket set & valve guide seals. Thinking about it yesterday, if I decide to do the heads then Dave is right, might as well pull the whole dang engine since everything except the water pump has to come off the front of the engine anyway. Keep in mind it was a $3200 van and it has some rust issues so I have to be careful about how expensive the lipstick is that I am going to slap on this pig
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by MotorSeven View Post
    Keep in mind it was a $3200 van and it has some rust issues so I have to be careful about how expensive the lipstick is that I am going to slap on this pig
    Rick,
    Whitewash is cheaper than lipstick.
    hugs, Brandi

Tractor
    new holland t1510, 730 case

Man we thought we had a lot of water, my heart goes out to you. Just shows how little control we have of Mother Nature, she is still the boss, and we have to march to her beat. Good luck with your project

Gold Member

Wondering if the new vent holes have improver the heating in the cabin? Tony

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

Triangel we have been through Fargo & West of Winnipeg when it was all under water. It's way worse up in your end of the continent as far as duration. At lest here it goes up then drops down quickly , the water here has no other place to go due to the steep ridges so it's kinda a way of life. I guess being raised in New Orleans makes me kinda immune

Tony it's hard to say since it has warmed up a bit(although it was 24 here this AM). The basement feels a bit cooler but I am not noticing a big difference on the main floor. I think I need to do a test of the air currents now & see how/where the cold air is returning to the basement. I knew this whole heating from the basement would require some modifications so I am trying go slow. I kinda wish I had several thermometers hooked up all over the house/basement tied to the computer so I could track & log the changes.
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro

Gold Member

I wish I had further suggestions, but the small fan on the floor, not blowing very hard , made a big difference on our very small stove-wood burner...I would imagine the new staircase is letting the colder air drop, but the rising warmer air is probably using the same opening. Does not make a lot of sense but that is what happens in our cabin. Tony

Page 203 of 230 FirstFirst ... 103153193200201202203204205206213 ... LastLast