Page 206 of 228 FirstFirst ... 106156196203204205206207208209216 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2272
    Tractor
    Mahindra 5530 4wd

M7, I feel your pain. Last December I was on a pick two stories up when it let lose from under me. I didn't fall to the ground as I caught myself on the rafter tails with my ribs. I was quite sore for awhile. Just take it easy and let the leg heal.

Lee

Long road home

Mahindra 5530 w/ FEL, Bushhog 286 cutter, 8' disc, 2 bottom plow, pallet forks, 22' American trailer, geotextile carrier, PHD w/ 12" auger, tooth bar, landscape rake, trailer hitch, broadcast spreader, toolbar, cultipacker, grain drill, and more to come!

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1215, Toro 266-H, Pennsylvania Panzer, Case 444, Craftsman 14/6

Default Re: The Log house Project begins........

Sorry to hear about the injury. Compartment syndrome is a real deal. I volunteer as an EMT, and we talk about it every now and then. Baby that leg for a while and take any new pain or swelling seriously.

Best of luck on your recovery.
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

Sorry to hear about the injury. Seems like when I hear stories like this, it reminds me to slow down and be more careful. Ladders scare me and getting on one from the roof terrifies me. I'm always afraid that my fear of heights is going to cause me to get hurt because of how slow and uncomfortable I am up there.

Listen to the Doc and do what they say. It's when you self medicate yourself that everything goes wrong with your recovery.

Eddie

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

Sorry to hear about the injury. Seems like when I hear stories like this, it reminds me to slow down and be more careful. Ladders scare me and getting on one from the roof terrifies me. I'm always afraid that my fear of heights is going to cause me to get hurt because of how slow and uncomfortable I am up there.

Listen to the Doc and do what they say. It's when you self medicate yourself that everything goes wrong with your recovery.

Eddie

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

Thanks y'all...it's better now, but by no means is it healed. I stayed off of it as much as possible, but sure enough when I need to be off my feet, my neighbor called and said two people dressed in black were seen walking up my driveway in broad daylight. So I ended up walking around on my property armed looking for them...up and down the ridges. I finally picked a spot and sat down where I could watch the house & driveway after calling the Sheriff. They popped out from the woods behind my house, & went up on my porch, milled around then started walking back out on the driveway. I confronted them, they were wearing BDU's and one was carrying a pillow case with something in it. I did a soft felony stop on them(I did not make them go face down on the ground), made them raise their shirts & turn around ordered the contents of the bag dumped out, then had them place their Id's on the ground and back up. Turns out the bag contained toilet paper, bottled water & snacks & they were mistakenly on my 100ac while trying to find a 43 ac tract that is for sale nearby. The seller had given them very bad directions & they made some poor decisions like ignoring "Private Property No Trespassing signs".

All of this did not help the leg at all. 3 days later I had a guy on a wheeler on my place...said he was just "riding around". I had to add more signage and it looks like a electronic gate is in order....or a moat with fu gas in it.

Eddie, I'm with ya on the ladder thing. I am not afraid of heights, but HATE ladders. Is there a medical term for a fear of ladders????
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro
    1978 Sling Blade/wood handle

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

All of this did not help the leg at all. 3 days later I had a guy on a wheeler on my place...said he was just "riding around". I had to add more signage and it looks like a electronic gate is in order....or a moat with fu gas in it.

Geeez Rick, You have been through it... I am like Eddie...scared of heights so when I have to get on the roof...I am like an airplane..accidents happen on takeoff...when I get off the ladder and onto the roof or high place and on landing, when I am getting off the roof or high place and attempting to get back on the ladder to come down...When I was younger it did not bother me...went through the Army confidence course..no problem but somehow I lost my nerve...I hope you are able to stay off your leg now....

I too have trespassers on our farm and it drive me nuts...WE have a spring fed lake that was stocked with bass and brim...who knows what is in there now....Poachers are hard to catch..they ignore signs...I had a game camera up and only got photos of the backs of some....they poach to get deer as well...When you figure the answer let me know...LOL
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    CNH 4020

Quote Originally Posted by MotorSeven View Post
    Thanks y'all...it's better now, but by no means is it healed. I stayed off of it as much as possible, but sure enough when I need to be off my feet, my neighbor called and said two people dressed in black were seen walking up my driveway in broad daylight. So I ended up walking around on my property armed looking for them...up and down the ridges. I finally picked a spot and sat down where I could watch the house & driveway after calling the Sheriff. They popped out from the woods behind my house, & went up on my porch, milled around then started walking back out on the driveway. I confronted them, they were wearing BDU's and one was carrying a pillow case with something in it. I did a soft felony stop on them(I did not make them go face down on the ground), made them raise their shirts & turn around ordered the contents of the bag dumped out, then had them place their Id's on the ground and back up. Turns out the bag contained toilet paper, bottled water & snacks & they were mistakenly on my 100ac while trying to find a 43 ac tract that is for sale nearby. The seller had given them very bad directions & they made some poor decisions like ignoring "Private Property No Trespassing signs".

Eddie, I'm with ya on the ladder thing. I am not afraid of heights, but HATE ladders. Is there a medical term for a fear of ladders????
    M-7
    Did the sheriff show up and check their ID's for warrants?

Tractor
    new holland t1510, 730 case

Sorry about your fall, could have been a lot worse. I know the pain you are going through as I was cutting timber on my trailer a couple of years ago a log about 16" in dia and about 24" long fell and hit my lower shin. My leg looked almost the same and took over a year untill the lump went away. left me with a nice scar to go with it, no leg modeling for me either. Take care and I hope you recover quickly.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1215, Toro 266-H, Pennsylvania Panzer, Case 444, Craftsman 14/6

Quote Originally Posted by MotorSeven View Post
    ...Eddie, I'm with ya on the ladder thing. I am not afraid of heights, but HATE ladders. Is there a medical term for a fear of ladders????
    If you follow the convention of all the other clinical names for phobias it would be scalamophobia.
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

Quote Originally Posted by pacerron View Post
    M-7
    Did the sheriff show up and check their ID's for warrants?
    Yep...29/54......they checked out.

IPlayy, I kinda like "oneshiftawayfrombreakingyourneckaphobia"
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro
    1978 Sling Blade/wood handle

Page 206 of 228 FirstFirst ... 106156196203204205206207208209216 ... LastLast