The Log house Project begins........

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,051  
M7, I feel your pain. Last December I was on a pick two stories up when it let lose from under me. I didn't fall to the ground as I caught myself on the rafter tails with my ribs. I was quite sore for awhile. Just take it easy and let the leg heal.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,052  
Sorry to hear about the injury. Compartment syndrome is a real deal. I volunteer as an EMT, and we talk about it every now and then. Baby that leg for a while and take any new pain or swelling seriously.

Best of luck on your recovery.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,053  
Sorry to hear about the injury. Seems like when I hear stories like this, it reminds me to slow down and be more careful. Ladders scare me and getting on one from the roof terrifies me. I'm always afraid that my fear of heights is going to cause me to get hurt because of how slow and uncomfortable I am up there.

Listen to the Doc and do what they say. It's when you self medicate yourself that everything goes wrong with your recovery.

Eddie

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,054  
Sorry to hear about the injury. Seems like when I hear stories like this, it reminds me to slow down and be more careful. Ladders scare me and getting on one from the roof terrifies me. I'm always afraid that my fear of heights is going to cause me to get hurt because of how slow and uncomfortable I am up there.

Listen to the Doc and do what they say. It's when you self medicate yourself that everything goes wrong with your recovery.

Eddie

/ The Log house Project begins........
#2,055  
Thanks y'all...it's better now, but by no means is it healed. I stayed off of it as much as possible, but sure enough when I need to be off my feet, my neighbor called and said two people dressed in black were seen walking up my driveway in broad daylight. So I ended up walking around on my property armed looking for them...up and down the ridges. I finally picked a spot and sat down where I could watch the house & driveway after calling the Sheriff. They popped out from the woods behind my house, & went up on my porch, milled around then started walking back out on the driveway. I confronted them, they were wearing BDU's and one was carrying a pillow case with something in it. I did a soft felony stop on them(I did not make them go face down on the ground), made them raise their shirts & turn around ordered the contents of the bag dumped out, then had them place their Id's on the ground and back up. Turns out the bag contained toilet paper, bottled water & snacks & they were mistakenly on my 100ac while trying to find a 43 ac tract that is for sale nearby. The seller had given them very bad directions & they made some poor decisions like ignoring "Private Property No Trespassing signs".

All of this did not help the leg at all. 3 days later I had a guy on a wheeler on my place...said he was just "riding around". I had to add more signage and it looks like a electronic gate is in order....or a moat with fu gas in it.

Eddie, I'm with ya on the ladder thing. I am not afraid of heights, but HATE ladders. Is there a medical term for a fear of ladders????:laughing:

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,056  
All of this did not help the leg at all. 3 days later I had a guy on a wheeler on my place...said he was just "riding around". I had to add more signage and it looks like a electronic gate is in order....or a moat with fu gas in it.

Geeez Rick, You have been through it... I am like Eddie...scared of heights so when I have to get on the roof...I am like an airplane..accidents happen on takeoff...when I get off the ladder and onto the roof or high place and on landing, when I am getting off the roof or high place and attempting to get back on the ladder to come down...When I was younger it did not bother me...went through the Army confidence course..no problem but somehow I lost my nerve...I hope you are able to stay off your leg now....

I too have trespassers on our farm and it drive me nuts...WE have a spring fed lake that was stocked with bass and brim...who knows what is in there now....Poachers are hard to catch..they ignore signs...I had a game camera up and only got photos of the backs of some....they poach to get deer as well...When you figure the answer let me know...LOL

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,057  
Thanks y'all...it's better now, but by no means is it healed. I stayed off of it as much as possible, but sure enough when I need to be off my feet, my neighbor called and said two people dressed in black were seen walking up my driveway in broad daylight. So I ended up walking around on my property armed looking for them...up and down the ridges. I finally picked a spot and sat down where I could watch the house & driveway after calling the Sheriff. They popped out from the woods behind my house, & went up on my porch, milled around then started walking back out on the driveway. I confronted them, they were wearing BDU's and one was carrying a pillow case with something in it. I did a soft felony stop on them(I did not make them go face down on the ground), made them raise their shirts & turn around ordered the contents of the bag dumped out, then had them place their Id's on the ground and back up. Turns out the bag contained toilet paper, bottled water & snacks & they were mistakenly on my 100ac while trying to find a 43 ac tract that is for sale nearby. The seller had given them very bad directions & they made some poor decisions like ignoring "Private Property No Trespassing signs".

Eddie, I'm with ya on the ladder thing. I am not afraid of heights, but HATE ladders. Is there a medical term for a fear of ladders????:laughing:

M-7
Did the sheriff show up and check their ID's for warrants?

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,058  
Sorry about your fall, could have been a lot worse. I know the pain you are going through as I was cutting timber on my trailer a couple of years ago a log about 16" in dia and about 24" long fell and hit my lower shin. My leg looked almost the same and took over a year untill the lump went away. left me with a nice scar to go with it, no leg modeling for me either. Take care and I hope you recover quickly.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,059  
...Eddie, I'm with ya on the ladder thing. I am not afraid of heights, but HATE ladders. Is there a medical term for a fear of ladders????:laughing:

If you follow the convention of all the other clinical names for phobias it would be scalamophobia.

/ The Log house Project begins........
#2,060  
M-7
Did the sheriff show up and check their ID's for warrants?

Yep...29/54......they checked out.

IPlayy, I kinda like "oneshiftawayfrombreakingyourneckaphobia":laughing: